Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volvo VN 780 & Race Trailer (Lift Gate DONE, Unbelievably 05-19-2015)

JT -- do you do your spray painting outside ?

Yes, Sir....I do....At this time of year, we get some days with "low" humidity.....That's about 70% down, here, but it's enough to get a pretty good shine.....Thought about building a paint booth, but don't have the room to build one big enough to do trailers and such....So outside will have to do.....

And thanks a bunch, Guys.....I really hope to be able to get back to this one in earnest.....Contest is just around the corner....

Truck is about as done as it can be....I think I got it pretty close to the real one....Not going to replicate the livery, because this one is mine.....Going to build a race trailer for this one.....And that's up, next....

SAM_6918%201024x594_zpsyd7p29mc.jpg

SAM_6920%201024x702_zpsnyxczt2d.jpg

OrangeVolvo_zps679b5a19.png

SAM_6946%201024x655_zps0djxxah2.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Great job on the Volvo.

I have this kit waiting in the wings. Question for you: how difficult would it be to convert it to a singe stack exhaust?

I don't think it would be at all....I just didn't want that on this truck.....And, if you can get a hold of an Italeri VN 670 kit, it's set up with single exhaust, already....Should be an easy transplant, that way....