Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chevy Impala by Revell

tomsheehy

Another one off the bench...

Revell's 62 Impala built box stock. Great kit, very nicely done by Revell. Paint is Duplicolor GM light blue metallic. I believe its supposed to be Mariner blue, but looks good nonetheless. Lots of Krylon clear to bring out a shine. Interior was done with shades of light blue met and dark blue using automotive vinyl paint/dye.

The only issue I had was trying to accurately do the side molding spear. I painted the interior of it aluminum, then I applied BMF, but it was real tough to get the lines straight and to get the aluminum to appear the correct width. Still came out pretty good though.

DSC04998-vi.jpgDSC04999-vi.jpgDSC05001-vi.jpgDSC05002-vi.jpgDSC05003-vi.jpg

Edited by tomsheehy

Very very nice build. Color is great, and I love the interior. Looks like real fabric on the seats from these pics. What did you use?

Thanks for all the comments guys...for the interior I used vinyl paint made by SEM, but sold through auto parts suppliers. You can find most 60s colors are reproduced.

And for Sixties Sam...yes, the darn wiper popped off when I opened the hood for the photo! Its back on now.