Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nellybelle's almost done

Thanks guys. Z, the story is that I wanted to make a replica of "Nellybelle" (Jeep) from the Roy Rogers TV show from the fifties. Pat Brady drove this cantancerous Jeep and it always got my attention. I really liked that Jeep. Well, this one has taken parts from five different jeeps to construct. Parts from a couple CJ5's, and parts from a couple of WWII jeeps. I really enjoyed building this. The doors are made from brass sheet and I scratch built the boxes in the back and modified the hitch. The bar going across is made from copper wire. The door hinges are cut down doll house parts, and the hinge on the hood is from minature piano hinge. There is also a piece of copper wire that is part of the shield in front of the driver and passenger area.

Here is a pic of what she looked like in the begining. Hope ya like

DSC00884.jpg

There are more pics at photobucket. Thanks fer lookin. Dan

I love it; though I'd never heard of this particular vehicle. Jeep models lend themselves so well to modifications and scratchbuilding.

I've been a Jeep nut my entire life.

My uncle had a 62 Willys Jeep PU that I remember well; and I've just gotten some vintage photos from my cousin of it to recreate in scale. I have the AAM body and donor kit, proper resin wheels/tires, I just need to scratch build the missing rear fenders (which made the kit purchase a literal steal and those fenders will take no time to make :wink: ). It's going to be really fun, as I love weathering...just never get a chance to do it much w/all the sports cars and exotics and shiny stuff that I'm most interested in.

Yeah Bob. I've loved Jeeps all my life to. I would love to see your truck as you build it. If ya can, post some pics before ya start and thru the build. I am interested in seeing this. I would like to have a 1:1 Jeep truck from the fifties. I like the looks of them. "Happy Trails to you, until we meet again". From the Roy Rogers Show. :D Dan

Dan, you'll be happy that is my plan. Just can't say when, but it will happen and I'd like to get to it soon.

A friend of mine restored a '67 Jeep CJ a few years back; recreating one he remembered from childhood. It was fun to drive and ride around in, and got lots of attention, but it wasn't too practical to use for it's intended purposes and he sold it to help finance his passionate hobby of flying, and buying an old Cessna 180. Traitor :roll: :wink: :D

Great. Can't wait to see this project. One of my aunts had a bad accident in a WWII surplus Jeep back in the fifties. She flipped it over and she was trapped underneath. Two of my cousins and another aunt were thrown over the hill. They all were ok except my aunt who was trapped. She servived and is well today, but has her left hip wired together. This all happened in the hills of Birtch River, West Virginia. I still love the old flat fender Jeeps and the early Jeep trucks. :D Dan

Oh yeah, he's a traitor, but, he could put some flat fenders on the landing gear and convert it to a flying Jeep. Yeah, that's the ticket. :D:D