Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Camaro Indy Pace Car

Mike

It's been a long time since I've built a Camaro (favorite car). An Indy 500 CBP on another forum gave me the motivation. The decals were a bit tempermental due to age. I also added some extra plumbing and wiring in the engine bay. Thanks for looking.

DSC01714-1.jpg

DSC01716-1.jpg

DSC01717-1.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

Very nice job! Looks terrific. I am supposed to have one coming, minus decals. So I am on the hunt for some. LOL. On the engine bay and the belly shot, is there a yellow/gold tint used, or is that from lighting? Again. Nice job! Jody

It's a mix of base coating the exhaust steel, then drybrushing metallic copper or bronze, gold, & clear yellow and clear blue or using a blue oil paint for a wash.

This is a kit I would definitely like to do someday if I can find one. I've got a stupid question. How did you do the two-tone interior, namely the darker parts of the seats?

They are actually decals that come with the kit. Printed with the classic "hounds tooth" pattern on them. After a bit of Micro Set to get them to snuggle in to the contours of the seats, I painted them over with flat clear to give them a cloth-like appearance in comparison to the vinyl/leather part of the seat.

• 2 weeks later...