Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chevy II "Runt"

Chas SCR

Pic 1 This shows how smooth the black and epoxy looks after being clearcoated. Now i can paint it mid black and will not hurt either the clear coat or the rubber and still have the depth and thickness i need when the window is put in.

Pic 2 Now look at what the tape does on top of the door gard the textur is show'n even more and when it's flat black it will be the same as the real car and not smooth like the window rubber or the paint job

Pic 3 Runt what it looks like under normal light and in a clean paint booth! Shows the bronz to the red real nice.

pic 1 Did the flocking today to the interior "Runt" now getting this done and the rest will be a breaze if it works out.

Pic 2 and 3 In the next two pics you will see the front and back side of the rim. The rim in the front has all 3 colors and the back is all done in flat black. This gives the shading in the front more 3d affect and helps with the brakes.

Pic 4 Better shot of the door with the door gard and how the flat black shows up to the red on the paint job.

222567_4376137135384_644711452_n.jpg

last pic Here is the door's done, It has the arm gard in black that will be two shades, The closer part to the window edge will be in mid gloss black and the inner part will be flat black. This will give it the look of the rubber that is between the door and window frame and then the inner arm gard that is in place.

Pic 1 Seat belts and seats are now in. So is the rollcage connected to the floor mounts and the betls are connected to the rear grab bar.

Pic 2 Here is the back showing the belts are hooked up to the grab bar.

Pic 3 and 4 together. This photo here shows the floor detail the padding under the center consel and also the padding up by the feet area. The pic after will show the real car.

There is the tan padding.

Pic 1 Rear window crank machine and press fitted in place. The rear's are diffrent then the front ones

Pic 2 Showing the front window crank part, Also you can see the secound leather strap on the door just under it.

Pic 3 Showing the back side where the rear window crank was press fitted in so it will hold right.

406924_4435774506281_1720263533_n.jpg546797_4435785106546_1540509579_n.jpg

Getting the hood parts made tonight for the hood hings. The hood will be display'ed with out the hood on but will have full detail to where it can be bolted up at any time.

This is the inner fender boss that will hold the hood hings in place.

400352_4454694779276_1214998539_n.jpg578974_4454703659498_106081588_n.jpg547038_4454712419717_1244934783_n.jpg

Put the hood pads on tonight so I can put the bolts in place and start putting the hinges on.

This part here is how small the hood hinge tabe that bolts on to the hood.

And every thing has to fit in this little hole, When it is done i'm not sure if it will be a full working part or in the up right spot so you can see the detail or not. The hood will not be on the parts but will have every thing in place to be bolted on if I elect to.