Model Cars Magazine Forum

FlatbedKW... be sure your dio drivers don't do this!

dptydawg

Ray

Your drivers shouldn't have this happen to them. But you were looking to have your drivers do something job related.

DSCN1786.jpg

And why is he chatting with the Law in the midle of an intersection?

because

DSCN1792.jpg

The Lexus driver didn't pay attention to the wide right turn sign on the back of the trailer

DSCN1253.jpg

And this is what happened

Hope you like it

Thanks for looking

Carl Avis

Cool dio, not cool situation. I've been the almost victim of this situation numerous times. I like the dio, but you would be amazed how many people in our advanced society of today still haven't figured this out. :roll: Nice job. Excellent detail work and theme, but boy I hate to be that driver, because there is no guaruntee he won't get sued, and believe it or not, some states will ticket you for going into the lane next to you to turn. You have no choice at some intersections though, just too narrow. :lol: . Again, excellent job on all the details, and you did good with the weathering on the trailer. just the right amount of soot.

I had to come back and look at this. The details are superb. The busted windshield, the spilled fuel by the truck fuel filler neck, the figures, again, well done. Kind of like some military/war dios, it has that shock and horror element to it. Without being graphic with detail(no gore)you conveyed the message well. You can tell it's a serious situation without the horror show. But these serious dios, are powerful when done right, and this is done right. I would love to see that one sitting in a driver's ed class somewhere as realistic as it is. Excellent job.

Thanks for the kind words. While I'm not a proffesional trucker I did spend part of my younger days driving gravel trailers. I can appreciate the aggravatioon that the little wheels can cause truckers. If this dio were real life I would have been the firefighter in the white hat. Over the years as a firefighter, we've had our share of this sort of thing.

The dio is not completely without a little gore if you get the right camera angle. The EMS boys have put a cerve collar on the driver and are giving him O2. but he'll survive to drive again.

DSCN2041.jpg

here is a fuzzy longshot of the whole scene

widerightturn.jpg

To explain to the viewers at a model show what was going on I created a fake newspaper article to go with the dio. Barbo your reference to e news shot is not to far off. Except that it never happened in real life.

I hope this scan is readable

WRTclipping.jpg

Thanks for looking

Carl

• 11 months later...

the only think that wouldve taken it above and beyond would of been if you wouldve added some damage to the lexas other than the windshield.... that has personally happend to me and it wasnt pretty the roof post was all dented to s#!+ and the roof was dented down and the hood and fenders were cyanara..... so just a thought... other than that it's above anything i could do.. i reallly like the detail you put into the roof...

• 1 month later...