Model Cars Magazine Forum

60's Lowriders : Let Me See Them :-)

1972coronet

I'd like to see some 1960's --and even early 1970's-- Lowriders , sil vous plait .

I must admit that I'm no fan of Daytons ; they're too common and *boring* to me . I prefer Cragar S/S , Appletons , Chrome-reverse , Astro Supremes , and the like ; Lancer "Spinners" are cool , too .

I've seen quite a few stunning "boulevard bouncers" on here . I grew up in west Whittier , so I used to see A LOT of Lowriders when I was a kid . Their paintjobs , their stance , their custom touches , all used to delight me ; and as a visual artist , they influenced my work immensely !

Let me see your Organ Pipe Speakers , metal flake paint , chain steeringwheel beauties !

This belongs in under glass.

I couldn't --at the time-- find a section that my inquiry would seem proper in , so I just chose "General" . I'll keep your suggestion in mind for next time .

Here's a recent beauty I've fallen in love with:

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=64848

That is gorgeous ! Not sure how I missed it the first time through that section ; perhaps all of those acronymns in the thread's title bothered me or something :blink: .

Here's a few old school style lowriders. The '69 Chevelle I built when I was about 8 yrs old and just recently got it back from a cousin of mine I gave it to. The '63 Impala is just a wip I've been rebuilding from another old build of mine. It has a custom twisted clear shifter with a red clear knob, chain wheel & pip organ speakers. The Monte I know is not a early '70s, it's a '77 but it still has that flavor & thought I'd post it up anyways. It's also a work in progress. Sorry for the bad quality of pics.

Picture206_zps69eef538.jpgPicture207_zpscc3d7481.jpgPicture197_zps58b5c992.jpgPicture200_zps9e5d1ab6.jpgPicture203_zps58e59702.jpgPicture202_zpsf0e72eb1.jpgPicture204_zpsd57aebf2.jpg

Thanks for sharing your beautiful builds here , guys !

That Fairlane is some-thing else !! Talk about unique !! That thing is gorgeous with that A/FX Teardrop hood ; and , look at those curb feelers ! I haven't seen those in over 20 years !!

Keep 'em coming , my fellow plastic fanatics :) !