Model Cars Magazine Forum

Batmobile # 1 Sold At Barrett - Jackson !

Hopefully the new owner will take it and have it restored back to it's original condition as a Futura.

I would not want to see that. I would however like to see it restored without some of the labeling. Some of it is in the series, some of it is not. It's far more valuable as a historical artifact as the Batmobile than as the Futura.

And don't forget..after he pays $4.2 million for the car, he pays another 10% buyers fee. $420,000.00 (if my math is correct).

George pays 8% sellers fee..$336,000.00.

Don't know if it is true but I think I heard them say that he bought the Futura concept car for $1.00.

I wonder what the real "MUNSTER'S COACH" and "DRAGULA"are worth.

And don't forget..after he pays $4.2 million for the car, he pays another 10% buyers fee. $420,000.00 (if my math is correct).

George pays 8% sellers fee..$336,000.00.

Don't know if it is true but I think I heard them say that he bought the Futura concept car for $1.00.

I wonder what the real "MUNSTER'S COACH" and "DRAGULA"are worth.

Yes, Barris bought the rusted run down Futura for $!, it had been setting unused in his back lot for years. I don't know about the real Munster Coach, but the real Dragula is hanging from the celing of the Hard Rock Cafe on the east coast. (New jersey ? Atlantic City?)

And as the Futura this car would have never sold for any where near four million dollars.

Yes, Barris bought the rusted run down Futura for $!, it had been setting unused in his back lot for years. I don't know about the real Munster Coach, but the real Dragula is hanging from the celing of the Hard Rock Cafe on the east coast. (New jersey ? Atlantic City?)

And as the Futura this car would have never sold for any where near four million dollars.

Funny, I thought the real Dragula was in the Volo museum in Illinois. Besides that, I think all of us know that the Batmobile is an iconic car. I do hope that someone removes the gewgaws that barris added, like the Barris emblem and the Ford emblem and all the goofy labels that were not on the car in the series.

Funny, I thought the real Dragula was in the Volo museum in Illinois. Besides that, I think all of us know that the Batmobile is an iconic car. I do hope that someone removes the gewgaws that barris added, like the Barris emblem and the Ford emblem and all the goofy labels that were not on the car in the series.

Update, it WAS hanging from the celling of the PLANET HOLLYWOOD at Alantic City, which is now closed. It was restored in 2011 and is now at Volo.