Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which rims do I use on my '50 Chevy Pickup? You decide!

Which rims do I use?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Group A

2. 2. Group B

3. 3. Group C

4. 4. Group D

OK guys, time to help me out with some rim choices, I made a new album on my Fotki page, and will post a poll here. Pick two sets and vote for 'em, we'll see which ones actually end up on it! There are 16 different sets in four groups for the poll, each set of rims has a number on the Fotki page, so check 'em out and vote!

http://public.fotki....0-chevy-pickup/

Riley, it's not that I hate the kit rims, but they just don't fit the truck. Now I have two sets of 'em. I've had the first set for years and apparently they don't look right on anything yet!

Looks like a Crager-style rim is gonna be the choice so far...

Edited by Custom Mike

Riley, it's not that I hate the kit rims, but they just don't fit the truck. Now I have two sets of 'em. I've had the first set for years and apparently they don't look right on anything yet!

Looks like a Crager-style rim is gonna be the choice so far...

That's how i felt, I didn't hate the rims, they just looked out of place on that truck. Looked to me like they belonged on a Civic or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who voted, I now have the rims I want to use for this build. When I combined the votes here and the ones over on Scale Avenue, I ended up with a tie between choices 1 & 16, so I flipped a coin and the SSR rims won out (Choice #1), I was pulling for those because I want to get 'em out of my rim box!

Edited by Custom Mike