Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr.Cranky's 3 day weekend build #2 .Feb 18,19 & 20 th

ranma

Cranky you can count me in on this one since I missed out on the last one. I have an old rat rod that really needs to be finished, and what better way to get it done than a little bit of pressure. Its actually the rat that is in my profile picture. I guess now that I made this commitment, I suppose I had better go out to my man box and try to find it LOL.

Ok guys here is the rat rod in desperate need of finishing. I dont have too much to do to it, but it will still take me 3 days to do it (im just pokey when it comes to creative blocks).I have the hemi mocked up in there, but I really think I am going to change it to a small block chevy. I also need to find some seats that fit the look.

post-8499-0-31851400-1329173569_thumb.jp

post-8499-0-00952700-1329173590_thumb.jp

post-8499-0-90192300-1329173606_thumb.jp

I try to do the same thing with my nieces and nephews and little cousins, but I cant seem to get them away from the video games and satelite tv long enough to get them started. My daughter (8 years old) has not built one yet, but there is not a minute that goes by that she is not standing over my shoulder watching me build. My plans are to take her to hobby town USA on her Birthday and let her pick out her own kit and build it that day.

I try to do the same thing with my nieces and nephews and little cousins, but I cant seem to get them away from the video games and satelite tv long enough to get them started. My daughter (8 years old) has not built one yet, but there is not a minute that goes by that she is not standing over my shoulder watching me build. My plans are to take her to hobby town USA on her Birthday and let her pick out her own kit and build it that day.

I agree about the games . The boys could care less about cars . My oldest niece loves then. She wants a 350z when she can drive.