Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your geegaws!

On 2/24/2012 at 12:12 PM, slantasaurus said:

I don't have pics but the recently reissued Revell/Monogram 40 Ford Pick Up has a nice set of tools, wrenches, pliers, screwdriver, and 4-way lug wrench.

Monogram40FordPickupEarlyIronGeegaws.jpg.271a3bf32fcb9fd9a7ee96f407cb4e34.jpg

Edited by Casey

• 2 months later...

Yes, there should be another piece that completes the top shell

I would love to have one or a few of these. I have a friend who works for Parking Enforcement. I told her about these and she wants one for her parking diorama. Any help? Even a resin cast.......

Later-

The older AOSHIMA Subaru Sambar kit includes some really nice beach accessories, including spear-gun, SCUBA tank, rubber raft, small surf board, roof rack, etc.  These goodies come in at least 2 versions of the kit:  the brown one shown below, and the red-and-white Aoshima #04685 Subaru Sambar Post Office Car.  These are perfect for a lifeguard vehicle:

sambar_.jpg

1/20 scale fireplace found in the MPC "Wizard" Ford Econoline kit:

Okay, now this one has to be my favorite candidate for Most Obscure and unlikely 1/25 kit auto accessory. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall of the meeting where someone said, "...and lets tool up a cool fireplace." "That's good Roger, dam good."

• 9 months later...

The floor jack and A-frame/hoist are from the AMT '61 (and I think '62) Buick Special Wagon kit:

AMTBuickSpecialWagon5.jpg

Not sure which AMT 1963 ___________ kit the below are from, but the speargun, parking meter(!), and mini Kat from AMT are all from the same kit:

WP_20161111_013.jpg

WP_20161111_019.jpg

WP_20161111_017.jpg

WP_20161111_015.jpg

That chrome tree with speargun, etc. is from AMT 1963 Thunderbird Hardtop.

I have the chrome tree with the Parking meter. It has all three pieces. Base, and both halves of the meter. I'd never known what it was from until now.  Thanks for ID'ing it. Monogram's Blue Beetle/Blue Bandito has a great set of Scuba gear and a nice surf board. There are 2 nice boards in the Revell '28 Model Sedan too. Monogram also gave us 2 Ice Blocks in the Tom Daniels "Ice-T" kit.

The Revell Carrera RS also had a clipboard, with a flashlight molded into its surface, if I remember right. The AMT T police car had a long flashlight and a few other weapons and apparel.

332qqv7.jpg

The Revell 32nd scale VW pickup had a 3-wheeled ATV.

v5keo8.jpg

the white version of this kit had a go kart instead if the atc

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 1:03 PM, Draggon said:

It's surprising how many of the pieces shown here I still have lying around in a box somewhere. I didn't care much for them as a kid. 

Glenn...not me I love these things been trying to collect everything I can for a couple of dioramas I want to build plus they add to a build at times.   I could be happy with a dozen boxes full of them..LOL.

On 12/9/2017 at 6:36 AM, disabled modeler said:

Glenn...not me I love these things been trying to collect everything I can for a couple of dioramas I want to build plus they add to a build at times.   I could be happy with a dozen boxes full of them..LOL.

Mark, next time yer on yer way to N Carolina , stop in my place as I'm near the border. I scratch build sooooo much of this stuff when I'm doing a service station . The trick is to break down an object into it's most basic form and work from there .....

EVERYTHING seen here was scratch built ....

Twin chimneys  4.jpg

7 hours ago, Eshaver said:

Mark, next time yer on yer way to N Carolina , stop in my place as I'm near the border. I scratch build sooooo much of this stuff when I'm doing a service station . The trick is to break down an object into it's most basic form and work from there .....

EVERYTHING seen here was scratch built ....

Twin chimneys  4.jpg

Very nice stuff Ellen...great diorama items.    I just hope the next trip to SC will be for a good reason...the aunt is not doing very well we go see in Charleston. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 9:13 PM, CabDriver said:

Today, I learned that AMT has included different chrome spear guns in TWO different kits! :blink:

And the spear gun found in the Monogram Blue Beetle and Blue Bandito kits makes three.

Edited by Casey

• 1 month later...

I love all those 'Gangster' parts in the MPC Chrysler and Lincoln series. I just can't see kids being even allowed to know what a bootlegger did for a living by todays nanny state, let alone buy a model kit with a tommy gun, gangsters moll, a cosh and bottles of booze included as optional extras. Though you could counter that by building the Police versions(the good guys) haha.

• 1 month later...