Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hmmmmm, what could this be ?

Looks more Japanese or Korean to me. Another attempt to market to a segment that would never buy a Buick, and still won't.

I seem to recall that Buicks sell very, very well in China, of all places. In fact, that's the main reason GM still builds Buicks and not Pontiacs.

I seem to recall that Buicks sell very, very well in China, of all places. In fact, that's the main reason GM still builds Buicks and not Pontiacs.

Yes, back when American cars were sold everywhere, a Buick was a prestigious car in China. A car that a plant manager would drive. That image remains today and GM sells more Buicks in China than in the USA. In fact one of my contacts at my company facility in China was proud to tell me he drives a Buick Century.

I prefer Buicks to Chevys.... I've owned a 1960 Electra 2 door hardtop, a 1973 Electra 225 4 door hardtop and currently own a 2005 LaCrosse with 34,000 miles on it. Note that Buick was recently named on of the most reliable cars, way up there in Japanese territory!

Note that Buick was recently named on of the most reliable cars, way up there in Japanese territory!

So there's, like, a lot of quality and reliability differences between GM's lines? Really?

Oh, riiiiiight. The people who answered the POLLS said so.

Gee... how we perceive reality boggles the mind.

Where I come from, & I drive for a living, most of the Buicks you see on the road are old guys who really shouldn't be driving any more! I've always thought that they fall into a Mercury Marquis, Buick LeSabre "syndrome" category. Once you get to a certain age, you can't really handle driving anymore, so you need to wrap as much steel around your ass as possible! Unless you're a tree hugger, then the environment is more important than your own life, so you buy a Prius! :D Steve

All beautiful Bill! Although the first one may be just a bit over the top! :) They certainly don't have the "style" today that they did back then! I may be old fashioned, but I have a really hard time getting excited about any thing on the road today. Steve

X2. I'll take that '59 please!