Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your fave Caddy models

philo426

Gotta love those Caddies!. My question to Montelsc is, where did you find a '76 Coupe DeVille and what scale is it?

ericascamera010.jpg

That looks like one of Modelhaus's finest! I'm quite sure that's in 1/25 scale------whoever did the original master did an excellent job! Very nice job Michael!

I can remember when these were new when I was in high school......I always thought they were very classy looking, but was kinda disappointed when the smaller "downsized" '77's were intro'd. They weren't bad cars-------they just seemed to lose some of their distinctiveness from being shrunken down so much. Not to mention their intro spelled the end of the true two and four door hardtops. :P

This is my Polar Lights Ecto 1-based 1959 Caddy Fleetwood/S&S Hearse, based loosely on the car in the movie "Harold & Maude". I lowered the front suspension, swapped the rolling stock for different gangster whites that would fit parts box Cragar S/S wheels, and chromed the taillight pods as used on the '59 Eldorado.

59CadillacHearse1.jpg

59CadillacHearse2.jpg

Wow Cruz, gorgeous build! The shine on that paint looks amazing. What color is that?

Thanks Ed. That color is Persian Aqua from Rainbow Products, the guy is no longer selling these paints. I used Tamiya for the clearcoat.

Here's a couple of mine: First up is a 1/32 Gunze Sangyo 1959 Seville converted to a 1960 flat top sedan.

DSCF0120.jpg

Next is an AMT ECTO 1 , I boxed in the rear panel just to see what it looked like and fabricated a rear bumper centre section. Never really finished it.

2010_02180048-vi.jpg

Another Gunze 59 but this time strengthened up and made into a slot car. Get the back end to swing out on the curves and you are guaranteed to wipe out the opposition

2010_0507suitegills0029-vi.jpg

last, yet another Gunze 59, this time converted into a coupe. The hardest part for both of these was removing the Seville moldings and leaving smooth sides.

DSCF0122-vi.jpg

Hope you enjoy, These were fun builds years ago when my son helped me with many projects

John

• 5 months later...

this would be the 1 i built that i like the most !Its a totally 1 off FWD fleetwood caddy its all hand painted no decals !

101_3885.jpg

Nice! This shows how GM missed the boat by not offering this body in a coupe! They should have done the Buick Roadmaster, Caddy Fleetwood and Caprice/Impala SS asa two door. The only reason I never bought a 94-96 Impala SS was because It didn't come as a two door!