Model Cars Magazine Forum

61 Bubble Top "Replica Boyd Coddinton car called "

Here is a 61 Bubble top that im doing one of two as this one will be going to a man name Lee as a tribute to his friend Roy who was the right hand body man for Boyd Coddington and the secound one will be given to Boyd. The interrior was done in Hi Dens foam for the seats and center section. The paint is the real paint used on the real car that was built on American Hot Rodding show from Denver Color Customs.. The motor is from VCG Resins 572 with Shaw Custom Rods new serpentien pullys and billet P/S and Air compresser. The only thing bad was the rims as the real rims in this scale was way to big and this was the best I could get in 21" rims. Hope you like the pics

100_7433-vi.jpg

100_7434-vi.jpg

100_7435-vi.jpg

100_7436-vi.jpg

100_7438-vi.jpg

61_bubble_top_010-vi.jpg

Wow Great Job 8) Don't care for BC personally(Him and Duh-wayne are jerks inperson too :roll: ), but the rest of his Crew has done some nice cars. Wasn't Lee Roy's Goofy Assistant :?: If he is, him, Roy,Charlie,Mike, and Bernt were the only reason I would check out the show. After Charlie and Mike left, I pretty much stopped taking an interest in it, but feel Bad that Lee lost Roy(even as Cranky as he was, he did some nice fab work, and Lee made it that much more fun to watch).

Thanks every one, The colors are Tangorien gold pearl over Alabastor gold pearl. Its a custom blend color from Denver Color Customs and I love this paint as it lays down so nice and specialy when you put the clear coat on it really pops out

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good Chas,but if you really want it to look correct the pass. side door needs to be darker then the fender and quarter.So yours is better looking then the real car,all of your panels are the same shade.I've seen the real car and the paint job is garbage.