Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 2010 Shelby GT500 "Super Snake" COMPLETED in Under Glass

Kennyboy

I am digging that kenne bell. They sound sooo good under load. Scares old ladies and small children. I agree with you on the side scoops. I think the 07-09 cars look better with deletes and 10 ups need the scoops. I may try this build myself but will do the black/ gold 50th anny car

I am digging that kenne bell. They sound sooo good under load. Scares old ladies and small children. I agree with you on the side scoops. I think the 07-09 cars look better with deletes and 10 ups need the scoops. I may try this build myself but will do the black/ gold 50th anny car

Thanks again Fred. Would love to see some pics of your 1:1 !

Keep it up. She is looking good

Thanks Gary. Been waiting to see some progress on yours. The wire harnesses you are doing are just awesome. Gotta figure those out for my build here.

Nice work. Looking great!

Thanks Chris!

nice work so far...altough the kit seems to be getting negative comment on being to simple and underdetailed..it looks great for the price of it..(i also got one)

and the way you are going at it makes me wanna start mine ..

Thanks Henry. There is definitely room for upgrades with the kit, but this is sure shaping up to be an interesting display piece. Go ahead and start on yours, it is a fun builder for sure.

Ok so the suspension is not quite done yet, but I thought i would post up some more progress of where I am at on this build. The chassis paint is actually spot on to the 1:1 but the photos show it lighter, the color was mixed with Testors enamel gold, light matte tan, and matte (1166) brown. It came out as a slight metallic medium tan.

P1010524_zpsc0c033b2.jpg

P1010522_zpsd449872e.jpg

P1010523_zpsf3960a55.jpg

and Final suspension mockups with the wheels mounted (but not glued yet.)

P1010527_zpsd993cd8f.jpg

P1010526_zpsc9b745f5.jpg

P1010525_zps1a5f6c7a.jpg

P1010529_zps61b4f364.jpg

looks really good. gotta get those back tires in a bit. on the 1;1 they are flush with the fender. I dont know how they work the suspension magic but mine is very low and tires sit right there and now matter how hard you push it they do not rub. handles nice too. like its on rails

looks really good. gotta get those back tires in a bit. on the 1;1 they are flush with the fender. I dont know how they work the suspension magic but mine is very low and tires sit right there and now matter how hard you push it they do not rub. handles nice too. like its on rails

Hey Fred, good to hear from you again. I do appreciate your advice (being that you own one.) The wheels I chose for this build are a little wider than the originals so they hit the inner wheelwell if they are pushed in too much. It was an unfortunate issue with changing to the aftermarket wheels. Which are now HOK Galaxy Gray......too much bling before!

New pics soon.

Edited by Kennyboy

Ken, could you put a pic up for me of the rear wheel in the wheel well from the bottom. like that upside down chassis shot but with the rear wheel on. I think I have a solution to get the wheel tucked without any chassis mods.

btw here is my dad in our 40th

267.jpg

Edited by freakshow12