Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 1/25 Dodge L-700 & IMC Trailers

jeffb

The l 700 with the black van,the Coke version, the flat with 40 Ford, the red Skelly tanker and the chrome tanker are readily available at normal prices at many online hobby shops, Ebay,LHS etc a quick web search will find them. The trailers seperately and the crushed car load version have yet to be released. As far as the L 700 and various trailers go they've been released many times since IMC introduced them in 1969 under Lindberg and Testors names. I would check with Model Round up they have many scarce kits even though these aren't scarce yet. Generally you can get any of them for 40 bucks or less.

The '40 Ford in that kit is the old Palmer kit that was cribbed from the AMT (if you cross your eyes right, you'll see it).

Or if you look long at it long enough, your eyes WILL cross. The tractor and trailer are pretty nice, but the '40 is a real mess. Mine has a body shell of varying thickness, much flash, and poor fit due to warpage and sad tooling. It does make a good wreck, as pictured, and I'm doing a drag car that appears to have been rolled.

I think the version with the crushed cars was the only version not to be released.

Lindberg has been very odd with their releases in the last few years, and it seems to me these L700 kits were released only once, and not in huge quantities. These kits were released almost five years ago, so they aren't going to be super easy to find, just based on that fact alone.

Member SteveG would be the one to ask, though, and here's an image he took at iHobby 2008 of all the L700 versions:

http://public.fotki....9/dscn0041.html

More info here, too: http://www.modelcars...erg

Not much has come out of Lindberg since Ernie Petit "retired" and Jody Keener took over the day to day operations in early 2010.

The Crushed car version was never released as they were unable to create a passable crush car tooling. Here are all the L-700 versions to the best of my knowledge. The last two appear to have been a more limited release with the Drag Racing Taem one of the few items to come out of Lindberg in the last couple of years.

73067 1969 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab Truck
73068 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab w/Flatbed Trailer & 1940 Ford
73071 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab w/Box Trailer
73072 Dodge L700 Skelly Tilt Cab Tanker
73074 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab w/Chrome Tanker
73078 Dodge L700 Tilt Cab w/Box Trailer (CocaCola)
72170 Dodge L700 Little Red Wagon Drag Racing Team

They are all still available if you search around online.

-Steve

I have that Dodge L700 with that Flatbead Trailer and '40 Ford. Not a great kit at all. Parts are not looking as realistic as I hoped, and doors don't fit nicely to the Dodge Cab. Also when I haven't built many Truck kits, I don't know all the parts and what they are. I can remember that parts trees have part numbers, but instructions don't. Or was it other way, that instructions have part numbers, but part trees don't. Well anyway, not the best kit from Lindberg, but really worth buying and building. The subject is cool and with some detail and scratchbuilt parts it will look awesome. (And no, I'm not talking about mine now...)

Haven't started the Ford much yet, but the quality of that kit doesn't matter that much, since it will be basically Old School Custom with lots of modified parts.

• 5 months later...

To be honest, if there was one model car/truck factory to go down, I wish it would be Lindberg. Have you seen their 37 Cord Convertible and 35 Auburn Boattail Speedster kits? They are the worst kits I have ever seen. It seems like the main reason why the L700 looks much better then other Lindberg kits is, that the molds were made by IMC (their logo is still on the parts), so I would assume that Lindberg just purchased the molds at some point.

The Cord, Lilncoln, & Auburn are even OLDER that the IMC tooled Dodge & trailers.

Those are PALMER kits from 59-65 era!!!. So Yea, They are what they are.

I did not know Lindberg had released anything for 5 years!!!!

I have the L700/flat trailer 40 Ford set. Got it at W-M of all places just before they dropped kits

a few years ago.

(I have not seen any at my W-M since reading that they are back and even show as a retailer on the Revell website)

I hope to get the Coca-Cola issue soon. and any of the others I can.

I still think it would be better not to release them at all, instead of releasing them under their own name.

The Cord, Lilncoln, & Auburn are even OLDER that the IMC tooled Dodge & trailers.

Those arePALMER kits from 59-65 era!!!. So Yea, They are what they are.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Where are these ex IMC molds... hiding??? :huh: :

Chaparrals, Lola T70, GT40's, '46-'48 Ford, VW Bug, etc.

I'm pretty sure all those tools were sold to Union. After that I'm not sure, I don't think they're in business anymore. The rest Lindberg has which is now owned by Round 2.

Steve

have the dodge whit flatbedtrailer lindberg

and a box whit the dodge [ very old , whit testor on the box]

and the tanktrailer also from testor but whit imc mudflaps you can see the box on the workbench whit the mack h 67

instructions said testor and adress

jacobus

I'm pretty sure all those tools were sold to Union. After that I'm not sure, I don't think they're in business anymore. The rest Lindberg has which is now owned by Round 2.

Steve

Hope not....lost & destroyed? in Japan? for ever :unsure: or... hidden here?

No doubt that if all the other IMC 1/25th car kits molds are alive & well, Round2 will surely reissue them...if they find them in dusty wood crates...Will see! ;)

Always tought that TESTORS, made a "run" here of those Ex-IMC's kits & shipped them to UNION: Memorial Collection series, back in the mid 1980's. UNION Model Co in Tokyo...Looooong gone indeed!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...