Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok I'm reaching out to all the old time drivers here. I'm 44 years old now and I started riding around with my dad at the age of 3. I eventually drove truck myself for 23years. In those years of travel, I could of swore I saw pictures of a tractor trailer that had a glass trailer and it used to haul a whale around for exhibit. I only remember one magazine from back then and that was the old overdrive (back when it was good). My 2 friends and I were discussing trucks this evening and I brought that up to them and they looked like I out of my mind! Am I? Does anyone remember a truck like that? :shock:

No, your not crazy. I remember a truck that held a whale was photographed and published in HOT ROD magazine racing Tyrone Malone's V12 Diesel powered "Fastest Truck" on a back road at dusk. There were flames coming out of both stacks and... it was pretty cool! That was late 70's by the way.

I just went through two boxes of HOT ROD magazines and didn't find it but... it was just a single photo, not an article.

Don't think the trailer was glass however. Might have had windows or something tho...

:?

Jarius is right. Tyrone Malone's Kenworth.

Tyrone rebuilt the KW from a single sleeper unit to a fully customized double-sleeper hot rod. Originally all white, then later orange and white then repainted again.

There was a photo of the whale hauler in one of Stan Holtzman's books I think, and photos of the later versions in Overdrive, Owner/Operator magazine and the truck was also in an episode of the 1974-76 TV show Movin'On.

Tim