Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge & Plymouth A12 steel wheels

Does anyone know of a source for these wheels? I know someone used to make them but I cannot find the information I had saved. I know several people did but are now out of production, I am looking for someone that is still making them.

For those that do not know these are the steel wheels that were used on the 69 Super Bee and Road Runner 440+6 cars from the factory.

post-487-0-51411200-1362691319_thumb.jpg

post-487-0-45633700-1362691397_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Robyn

Edited by Robyn

I have built the a/12 option in both the roadrunner and coronet. I used the wheels from the 68 charger. I built front hubs and filled the holes for the rear. They worked fine for both the builds. Of course i used the satco redline tires. I would like some of these wheels as well if they become available in resin.

There are many resin sources for Mopar steelies, but all are 1/25th AFAIK.....the R-M '69 Coronet is 1/24th, would be nice to have some in 1/24th to use on this kit and early '70s 1/24th Mopars (the steelies in the R-M '70 Road Runner are mid-to-late '70s police style wheels).

There are many resin sources for Mopar steelies, but all are 1/25th AFAIK.....the R-M '69 Coronet is 1/24th, would be nice to have some in 1/24th to use on this kit and early '70s 1/24th Mopars (the steelies in the R-M '70 Road Runner are mid-to-late '70s police style wheels).

1/24 steel wheels are available which fit the Monogram Goodyear Steel Belted Radial tires included in many of Monogram's 1/24 kits.

Steel2.jpg

Scenes Unlimited is another source which has a great selection of 1/25 steel wheels, and their service is great:

http://www.scenesunltd.com/WHEELS.html

Not to worry Monty. I have accepted quite readily that I won't be the only one casting certain items. That's just a fact and I look forward to fair and friendly competition. I've always believed that if you provide a superior part at a superior price, you deserve the sale. It's that simple. There are alot of great casters here with awesome parts and I myself have bought from many of them. I probably will again for certain things in the future, but I would never be upset at someone who has an item I don't yet have. ;)

Edited by MAGNUM4342

Kevin, What sort of stuff will you be offering? What are you basing your wheels on, and do they fit the kit tyres?

If I can get better at resisting this site, :P and put some time in I will be offering all MOPAR items. A friend of mine and I are both MOPAR fans and noticed that much like in 1:1, the offerings for Dodge and Plymouth kits are sadly in short supply, and needing a dedicated company to produce them. Although he has left for parts unknown, I have decided to carry on in his stead.

I will strive to make everything I offer as a plug-and-play kind of item. If I find myself in a corner with a great set of wheels that do not match any available tires, I will make sure I make sets of tires to fit. The largest part of what i'll make though will be in standard sizes matched to the most popular tires of either scale. Ambitious?...yes! Outrageous?...yes! Will I be able to pull it off? Idunno...but it's going to be fun trying. Sadly I won't be able to accomodate everyone but I will try my best to expand the MOPAR kit line as best I can being one man. For more of what's going on check out the ongoing thread MOPAR or NOCAR in scale in the resin's section. :)

Not to worry Monty. I have accepted quite readily that I won't be the only one casting certain items. That's just a fact and I look forward to fair and friendly competition. I've always believed that if you provide a superior part at a superior price, you deserve the sale. It's that simple. There are alot of great casters here with awesome parts and I myself have bought from many of them. I probably will again for certain things in the future, but I would never be upset at someone who has an item I don't yet have. ;)

A positive attitude like that is an excellent way to begin. As you've said, this board has several quality casters, which, to my way of thinking, can only make modeling an even more pleasant experience.

I happened to bring up Danny's site because he offers two versions of that Mopar wheel (standard & deep). In addition, if you've purchased parts from him before, you already know how high his quality standards are.

I look forward to seeing what you have to offer. If the Pentastar boys are as underrepresented as you say, you may have a small gold mine on your hands.

Edited by Monty

The Yodel Fury was Not a Grand Fury, but the smaller Fury. Same body style

as MPC's Monaco Roscoe's Cruiser, Goon/Gotham, TJ Hooker kits.

I just wish they would re-issue them at a Decent price.

I have one of th LAPD kits, and would love to add some of the others,

But at the Prices I see them listed now.....

RecoveryChannel just listed the Original box-art LAPD at $98.oo!!

The NY/NJ Transit Yellow one is $120.oo++ !!!!!

What happened to those kits??

Did they started putting Gold, Platinum & Diamonds in those boxes????