Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Mustang 5.0 LX Drag Racer

bad0210

Lock this thread all ready. Clearly nothing positive can be said about the new Mustang kits.......it will ALWAYS revert back to this whining about the roof, nevermind the nice parts that come with the kit......ITS ALL ABOUT THAT DANG BODY! Bunch of crybabies

Edited by jrherald420

Lock this thread all ready. Clearly nothing positive can be said about the new Mustang kits.......it will ALWAYS revert back to this whining about the roof, nevermind the nice parts that come with the kit......ITS ALL ABOUT THAT DANG BODY! Bunch of crybabies

It's not whining. The body is wrong on many levels. So what if the engine or other parts are nice, the body is unusable. The body is the most noticable part of a kit, and the one that has to be accurate. Don't read the thread if you can't handle criticism being discussed.

Edited by Rob Hall

ONE MORE TIME: it is not mentioning the top that's going to get this topic closed - that's something grown-ups should be able to discuss. What'll get this thread closed, if anything, are those who cannot handle the mention of the top and who turn the discussion personal as a result.

I know..it's the attitudes of those that think it's 'whining' that is the problem. People like that do the hobby no good....acceptance of mediocrity is not the answer.

ITS STILL THE MOST REALISTIC FOXBODY MUSTANG KIT EVER MADE!!!!

it's still wrong..and the MPC bodies were more accurate.

Edited by Rob Hall

James, seriously -

I just wanna take it down a minute and ask you a question: you really don't see any irony in calling us "crybabies" and "whiners", and then accusing US of "drama"?

Can you truly point out any name-calling and drama in this thread before all the "apology" and "get over it" nonsense started getting thrown around?

I'll grant you, the Revell '90 did at least manage a fair front graphic, the first acceptable '87-'93 Mustang front fascia in scale, and if you combine it and the rocker panels and the rear bumper with an MPC/AMT '88 GT, you can solve the weaknesses of both.

It's just a shame that a newly-tooled body shell in this day and age falls apart so comprehensively behind the cowl. And hurling epithets at the people you somehow contrive to accuse of drama isn't gonna change that issue. It's just gonna provide vivid, living-color examples of approaches I have long refuted and debunked for their inherent irrationality and hysteria.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Ok I understand both sides of the coin. But this my take on things. #1. We know the kit has problems #2. Ed said they fixed it. #3. People have voiced their opinion on weather this is true and I have my doubts. #4. Model companies should produce the most acurate models possible. Did I miss anything? The rest of this is just pointless bickering in my opinion and makes for a thread that turns me and probably a lot of

newcomers off sadly I know this will just add more fuel to the fire

#2. Ed said they fixed it.

#4. Model companies should produce the most acurate models possible.

2. He never said they fixed anything.

"Hi,

The body is accurate and does not require any changes.

Regards,

Ed Sexton"

4. Yes

"Crybabies"? I think not. Rather, we're a group of adults who collectively wonder why a major model manufacturer cannot get the basic contours and dimensions of a relatively common car correct in scale form. It's not like the technology to be able to do so doesn't exist. We buy products from this manufacturer. We would like them to be accurate, fault- and trouble-free. I'll but the kit, flaws and all, but I'll still ponder the manufacturer's logic.

It has been brought up and mentioned if your not happy with the body don't buy it or voice your opinion to revell but why continue to argue about it? No model no matter how accurate will please everyone. As the rolling stones said you can't always get what you want. Now I don't excuse revell for there fudge up but I don't see the need to as casey said beat a dead horse we all know already. Ok let the flaming begin I am sure

The reason the roof issue came up again is simple: the last time we saw something this bad or worse from Revell, they fixed it. And some of us were merely wondering if they might do it again between these two versions of the '90 Mustang. Personally, I wouldn't have thought it likely even without considering the photo and the fact that Revell/Monogram has recently suffered a major, institutional-scale loss in personnel - but we'll know for sure when it's released, I guess. I'm in for one or two irrespective, myself.

Ironic, that. I think the body is the most serious cock-up since the '69 Charger, but I'm still actually going to contribute to Revell's bottom line, as opposed to all those who would have us just shut up and deprive Revell of those sales in doing so. For those who seem to have some difficulty comprehending it without help, this is why some of us feel compelled to point out what we've spent with Revell/Monogram. 'Cause they can talk about making kits for builders rather than writers, and y'all can pass any judgment you like on what supports the hobby, but in the end, what matters to Revell is how many kits they sell.

But I'm gonna remind everybody here - a g a i n - that there weren't no arguments in this thread before the flaming started. And the flaming started waaay before now, btw, exactly in posts #8 and #12. And guess what that flaming was about. AGAIN:

This immediate association of a frank discussion about a kit with "whining" and "complaining".

Y'know somethin', people? The fact that you have a personal distaste for it doesn't immediately qualify such a discussion as "drama" or "whining" or "complaining". There IS NO inherent "drama" in discussing the problems with the roof and hoping it gets fixed. The "drama" stems almost entirely from the way YOU ALL REACT to that discussion.

Some of the most flamboyantly dramatic posts I've seen in this forum have been about "drama" (sometimes with a PM about hypocrisy to boot!). Much of the most bitter complaining I've seen has been about "complainers". And just about all of the blue-ribbon whiniest, crybaby-est posts EVER 'round here have been about - you guessed it - the "whiners" and "crybabies".

And yet there hasn't been a one of you to offer the first coherent reason that talking about these issues is wrong or inherently offensive. You just take it upon yourselves to judge it as some inferior mode of thinking - even so far as to dictate when a thread should be closed and who should be kicked out of this forum - and then treat this on-topic discussion as if you're the only ones in the room who should be allowed any drama about it!

It's on you. You don't like it, you pule on about it, time and time again it is you all who make it personal; but the FACT is that nobody's holding a gun to your head to read any of it. And unlike any of us who were waiting a very long time for an accurate model of an Aerofox Mustang, it ain't as if you don't have literally thousands of other places to go right within this topic heading.

So tell me again: WHO EXACTLY is looking for drama, here?

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Yes, I believe that for some reason revell is inconsistent with the

Quality of the new release stuff, to have created such a beautiful Cuda, and then created a not so terrific notchback.

It is precisely the reason why I must go and google reviews of everyone of there kit, whether it be an aircraft or an automobile, whilst with other company's like trumpeter, tamiya and hasegawa, I will go out an purchase, and not second guess the accuracy or precision of the mold.

Ford motor company, will always have a place in my heat, my first car, was a 91 lx 5.0l,and the inaccuracies in this kit are the reason I have not purchased it, and the reason I will not purchase it. I would love to have the ability to raise the roof line, however I am just not at that skill level at this time.

I just purchased a 2010 GT500 kit tonight, and it is a dead ringer to the real thing... Go figure..

Drew

Just curious, and before the thread does get locked, yo!

We know Revell is aware of this and they have, in a sort of direct way via Mr. Ed Sexton, made it somewhat official that the body will not be fixed. Apparently it is not as bad as the Charger.

So, with that said, will some of the folks who would like it changed, even though they are not fixing it as of right now, still buy it? We know why you don't want to spend money on it, but, in the long run, if nothing is done to the mold, will you just bite your lip and buy one?

It's ok to be honest, you are among'st caring and loving people.

And for the bonus round, has anyone actually measured a real one and compared it to the kit. I mean really used a measuring tape and did it. Not just "looked at one" If someone did and posted it, please let me know as I would like to see that. Really.

Just curious, and before the thread does get locked, yo!

We know Revell is aware of this and they have, in a sort of direct way via Mr. Ed Sexton, made it somewhat official that the body will not be fixed. Apparently it is not as bad as the Charger.

So, with that said, will some of the folks who would like it changed, even though they are not fixing it as of right now, still buy it? We know why you don't want to spend money on it, but, in the long run, if nothing is done to the mold, will you just bite your lip and buy one?

It's ok to be honest, you are among'st caring and loving people.

And for the bonus round, has anyone actually measured a real one and compared it to the kit. I mean really used a measuring tape and did it. Not just "looked at one" If someone did and posted it, please let me know as I would like to see that. Really.

If nothing is to be changed, no I will not hold my nose and buy one.

As for measuring it against the real one, yes it was done by several individuals in the original '90 LX thread. I see no point in dredging all of that into this thread, as that really would be beating a dead horse, and the information is out there a few pages back. Just search for Mustang LX and look for the locked thread.

Edited by niteowl7710

Well, the Revell kit ~ without changes to the body ~ remains an outstanding kit for one purpose:

As a chassis/engine/drivetrain/interior donor for a Greg Wann resin CORRECT body (mastered by Mike Schnur), which will then build into an accurate and impeccable '90 Fox Mustang LX.

B)

Well. A rare agreement here, with the qualification that I'm just fine spending double to get a good-looking LX:

P8060038_zpse9bcd459.jpg

PC140004_zps8431326e.jpg

Stupid unbelievably ridiculous better to me, Mike Schnur's conversion and build above, but your mileage may vary on how spendy ya wanna get for something that should have been in the original 26-buck box.

But let's save Jesse a BIT of trouble, anyway: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65168&page=19

Post #370 here shows one owner who took measurements, and despite various efforts to flail at that hard data, another member finds it sound. Go through and you'll find all manner of comparisons to demonstrate that the eyeball really doesn't lie on this one.

Well. A rare agreement here, with the qualification that I'm just fine spending double to get a good-looking LX:

PC140004_zps8431326e.jpg

Looks even better in person , he did a great job with the conversion , to bad I dont have my resin body yet, tell then, my last LX kit will just sit going unbuilt

Edited by martinfan5

Well, the Revell kit ~ without changes to the body ~ remains an outstanding kit for one purpose:

As a chassis/engine/drivetrain/interior donor for a Greg Wann resin CORRECT body (mastered by Mike Schnur), which will then build into an accurate and impeccable '90 Fox Mustang LX.

B)

Agreed...that resin body is excellent. I have one, the subtleties of the decklid shape and C-pillars look correct to my eye and my recollection of my 1:1 back in the day..