Model Cars Magazine Forum

DODGE THIS...Pro-Steet / Hot rod

GrandpaMcGurk

Thanks for the kudos guys....I appreaciate them.

Let's put some rubber on the road.....here's the Street Charger kit wheels, tires and so on.........obviously, these aren't blowing my skirt up.

The rear rubber is okay but the fat Nascar fronts with those big Good Year letters just hurt my face too much for a Pro-Street hot rod.

Any way....here's a pic of the kit stuff.

Prochargertires001_zps12e7e599.jpg

Faster, Don, faster.

You're cracking me up Jim........putting my name in the same sentence with "fast" is an oxymoron like Jumbo Shrimp!

Granted, our club shirts say "FAST" (Florida Auto & Scale Truck) on the front but I build at my own chosen speed...........just barley off idle!

It takes me most of a day just to plan out what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Thanks Dave.

Here's an eye candy update on the Dodge boys........

I was going to (originally) use a '69 Charger but decided to go with a '73 Charger body 'cause I have other plans for the '69.
Anyhow, on with the dog and pony show.

A little shredded rubber residue in the wheel wells.....

Dodgetweaks003_zpsce1d9653.jpg

some paint and wiring.....

Dodgetweaks004_zpsb6231990.jpg

Dodgetweaks002_zps8a97316c.jpg

Dodgetweaks007_zps3c719097.jpg

Dodgetweaks001_zpsf0b6a9bf.jpg

opened up the trunk...

Dodgetweaks011_zps4c0060b3.jpg

Dodgetweaks008_zpsa10afcb4.jpg

Dodgetweaks009_zpse5483619.jpg

Dodgetweaks012_zpsf2b1104a.jpg

Thanks Eric.....

Detailing is what keeps this hobby challenging for me......from my point of view each part is a model in itself and the devil is in the detail.
I'm well aware that most folks will not even notice some the fussin' I've done with this thing but I'm not building it for them, right?
If it fancies my tickle and feels good........I'm steppin' large and livin' easy.

In an effort to prevent burn out and make my models unique to me, I like to add that little extra giggle factor......I bought a new Hemi Road Runner back in '69 (a real one) and actually painted one of these on the pumpkin......it was the view most of the folks saw when they figured they could smoke my bird.

Dodgerear001_zpsdefdd87a.jpg

Dodgerear005_zps38d95b4f.jpg

Dodgerear002_zpsd32a9a51.jpg

The the kit stuff was kinda crappy or just not bothered with so I scratch built a master cylinder for the brakes & one for the juice clutch, bent up some hard lines.....ain't they pretty?

AupDodge001_zps4b3d0337.jpg

AupDodge002_zps52bd67d0.jpg

As long as I'm at it, I probably should run some wires and find a place for fuses, heat sinks, 'puter and all that other sparky stuff.....

AupDodge005_zpsd05f621e.jpg

AupDodge003_zps71fb090a.jpg

These next few photos are just a mock-up to set my ride height etc.

I'll also swap the (steerable) spindles from side to side so that the control arms face foward allowing me to mount a rack and pinion unit in front of the oil pan eliminating the stock steering box and tie rod.

ADODIFS002_zps84e8fb0c.jpg

ADODIFS001_zps78bfa45e.jpg

ADODIFS004_zpsc5996523.jpg