Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chevy Bel Air 409

hguenth2003

Well that's cool! And the engine choice is just perfect :D ! Excellent look with steelies and Dog Dishes too, very nicely done build.

The color reminds me of this one, '62 Bel Air Bubbletop with 414 Cid. Stroker engine (Stroked from 348 BBC). ...Located in Finland!

_smaller.jpg

Thank you all for the great feedback. This encourages me to finish my other projects as well.

Very nice build! How did you do the trim in the back around the recess for the tail lights?

I used narrow masking tape which I lay down first - the distance to edge of the trunk lid and the rear panel was eyeballed. It's 3M tape which is thicker than Tamiya tape. Then I applied the BMF and cut the foil using the ridge/shoulder of the masking tape as a guide.

What did you use for the seatbelts?

Tamiya masking tape cut to the width which fits the GM Seat belt hardware made by Model Car Garage.

Cheers

Harald

That's a pretty cool idea with the tape. I have this kit and I'm gonna try that out. Did you have any problems with the body being warped at all? The roof section on mine seemed to be pushed over to one side slightly.

No problems with warping. I have another one in my stash and there is no warping either.