Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner SD and wiggle wagons [CF pair]

so here is the latest project, and as usual, at a snails pace,

photo_zpsed5d828a.jpg

photo_zpsb4fedb07.jpg

I thought it would be a cool project, and with some help from Hanks truck pic's, and model truckin for decals, and double take replica's for the wheels, I started in...

photo_zps56239c4a.jpg

photo_zps8ddcaa02.jpg

photo_zpsddc40c48.jpg

photo_zpsc4e44e2c.jpg

thanks guys :)

I have been looking at tons of pictures, need to modify a few bits here and there, but nothing major. it won't be exact, but it'll be close enough for me, lol.

any idea what color interior these trucks would have had? I am thinking black, but have yet to find an interior pic of a CF rig......

plan to get some work done on it today, so hopefully some new pic's later on today.

Tom,i remember an old Overdrive magazine article about C-F with a few interior pictures,best a can remember the interior was an "antique"gold color,the padded parts (what few there were) were dark brown,very stark inside no passenger seat,no radio etc. if I can find the article I will post the pictures..........................Mark

Tom, you don't know this yet, but you may very well become my #1 hero... :D I have many, many model kits, almost exclusively cars. I am not a truck builder. I have two truck kits and two trailer kits. I have the Moebius Lonestar and trailer. What are the other two? Exactly what you pictured above! The re-pop of the Freightliner and the tandems. I was given those two kits as a kid in the mid 70s (?) and built them. I remember all of those tires! However, I have absolutely no memory or idea of what happened to them. Not a clue. As I got back into the hobby, I have tried to pick up all of the kits I had as a kid and that is why I have these two.

I am almost willing, (shoot, I AM willing), to beg you to post as many in-progress pictures and details as you can. You really have no idea how happy and excited I am to have come across this thread. I apologize ahead of time if I ask a thousand ridiculous questions. Again, I am not a truck builder. I don't know this genre at all. I will have to figure out who "Hank" is and go to his site ;)

Man-o-man, am I excited about this thread!!!

Hank is a truck driver, who loves trucks. Hes had a few really unique trucks. His website is...

hankstruckpictures.com

There are countless pictures, from Hank and a bunch of other people. Pictures of companies, manufacturers, truck shows, overpasses, factories, dealerships, from a wide range of years. Its a great site.

any and all input on this build is appreciated, I have looked at Hanks site and all the CF pic's, but no interior shots yet, so any help on that would be great. as I say, I plan to get close, but not perfect.

I managed to get the cab 'smoothed' out as far as the roof seam goes, and have a round of sanding to do on the back panel seams.

I did however get the tanks done today, not as perfect as I would have liked, but they are good 'one footers'

photo_zps1a237e6a.jpg

photo_zps73af433c.jpg

I will post as many pic's as I can on this build, still have yet to start on the trailers, so stay tuned...........