Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

I'm thinking of adding a second entry to the Cannonball, the PT Crusier but I've already started it and haven't taken any pics yet. I'll have to check with Nick to see if it will be OK.

Sounds good, I'll add it to the list,

as for my Chebby, it's not much farther then it was the last time I posted photo's, having a hard time building right now with all the fun I'm having driving a friends toys, well that and the usual working on my car and truck and working full-time thing.

GEDC5803_zpsd558ec2e.jpg

GEDC5797_zps1f547e75.jpg

(yes the Duster is as fast as it looks, that's a BUILT 340, The Vette moves pretty good too for being the Lowest HP V8 Corvette ever built)

I'll have some progress soon now that I finally have a wiring harness off my workbench.

Nick

Sure Nick, put me on the spot. Now the guy who couldn't even finish his 62 Dart for his own Cannonball last year has to finish 2 kits for this years Cannonball......LOL !!!! I'll try to get some pics of the PT up, its in primer but all the parts are still on the sprue.

Right up to the time where you have to pay to fill them up I suspect.

Fujimi have attempted to sabotage me by discontinuing the wheels I wanted. Well, it's not that easy to stop me. Oh no. I'll, i'll, i'll...

...use some different ones.

Other than that i've been distracted by a Hemi Hydro (can I do the run by boat?) and a heap of other kits I couldn't resist starting.

So still no progress from me.

Hi everyone, I'm not out or anything just been busy doing other things. I thought I'd get a little update on my 41' Coupe. I wasn't really happy with it's frame so I found a junkyard special Willy's on ebay and will see about using it. I'm also adding bucket seats to it.

If possibile I would also like to add another entry to my list. It's a 70 Super Bee pro street from amt. The only thing that's been done is the body was sprayed flat back. If it's okay with everyone I'd like to get it entered as my second entrie.

41 Coupe

post-9791-0-29414400-1375240602_thumb.jp

post-9791-0-47104600-1375240653_thumb.jp

70 Super Bee

post-9791-0-17867300-1375241063_thumb.jp

The story

So uhhh, at Nick Winter Automotive we entered our busy season, but that hasn't stopped the boss from forcing some time to work on his toy. So the boys Fred & Ed are back on my Chevy. (the Super bee got the boot outside for now) We got it the suspension buttoned up and ready for a coat of cheap but good old DOM 16, (remember the budget end of this :P ) anyway after the guys emptied years of accumulation from previous owners plans, we finally had our base with it's Stance and rollers figured out, I like it so far boys, (you may notice me in my natural habitat at my desk), The thought of averaging high speeds over free ways, interstates and highways brought up the point of handling, the doctor had our prescription for that, we don't need no stinking factory rear end or drum brakes, what if we need to stop!

The Build!

looking at the great progress you guys have going I pulled the Chev out and started mocking things up, my suspension is secret for now, but I will say 4 wheels disc brakes go nice with those mags and modern rubber.

GEDC5951_zps44bfdd37.jpg

GEDC5952_zps28b57734.jpg

GEDC5961_zps262bf4eb.jpg.

GEDC5958_zpsa65408da.jpg

Nick

Great work everyone! Here's a short little update on my stuff. I've lowered the top on the hot rod and painted it black for now.

Post14Pic3_zps5c0d26e3.jpg

For the GTX I've cut out the doors and truck then reattached them the trunk will have to wait until after I get the back of the interior in.

Post9Pic4_zps94c8225f.jpg

And a little mock up test, I also thought it would be neat to compare the changes I've made to a stock one.

Post10Pic1_zps6b60e635.jpg

Post10Pic2_zpsfe16beb6.jpg

Heres where im up to on the Mustang

Painted the chassis (there's a hint of where im going with the build) few touch ups to do

DSC_0086_zpsd241e3af.jpg

DSC_0088_zpsc6d2a012.jpg

Primed the engine and finished the air box, using a Ford Nascar motor with throttle body's and trans

DSC_0079_zpsd2d4706f.jpg

DSC_0089_zps1a8c6146.jpg

DSC_0081_zps12c77924.jpg

DSC_0091_zps31313c12.jpg

And finished the fuel tank

DSC_0077_zps6c938a8c.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsfb06c5d9.jpg

Hello everyone. I've been away for a while but I did manage to get some building done while I was gone. I finally got the Cutlass back from the painters, it took them several attempts to get my vision for this car right but I think it was worth it. I think its my best paint job so far, it needs to be polished out in a few spots. The sides were like glass, in the thick of a forest without a road.......oops, sorry, must have been hypnotized. I wonder if anyone will get that reference ? Anyway, I figure if I'm going to show up to a gunfight with a knife I might as well look good.

001_zpsdfe2b096.jpg

002_zpsb6af82f3.jpg

003_zpsd4cf1c8b.jpg

004_zpsa364324b.jpg

Nice progress here! Also like the colors Jim! Very nice.

Nick, i want to count in with a second built. Not as lousie as my completed Buick (if i see your builts), i will throw this one in:

CIMG130803_017.jpg

I need ia little variety in my more complex models on the bench ;)

Nice work guys, that paint job looks great, Jim. Would like to make a second entry too, might have to check my stash.

Just finished this, the support vehicle for my Mustang, made from the donor Saleen kit (just imagine it has an engine under the hood ;))

004_zps357d9bdd.jpg

Nice progress here! Also like the colors Jim! Very nice.

Nick, i want to count in with a second built. Not as lousie as my completed Buick (if i see your builts), i will throw this one in:

I need ia little variety in my more complex models on the bench ;)

I will add the Lightning to the list!

Got it painted last night, Nassau Blue

IMG_20130811_153444_202_zps58cd2d0c.jpg

Made it to where the Corvette air box would fit in with the radiator.

IMG_20130811_153430_035_zps69b219de.jpg

Now onto the opinion portion

Bigs?

IMG_20130811_153507_241_zpsa5910572.jpg

Littles?

IMG_20130811_153546_895_zps70673e96.jpg

Bigs and Littles?

IMG_20130811_153521_387_zpsbb48f9cc.jpg

I know there isnt a big difference, but in person there is. So opinions welcome.