Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 250 GTO

curt raitz

BEAUTIFULL BUILD CURT :lol:

I have one of these 250's by Protar with opening door's and trunk lid, and can't wait 'till someday I have the time to tear into it.

Yours looks great in the red with all the proper badging, and the beautiful "Wire's".

GREAT JOB - dave B)

Edited by Treehugger Dave

My, my...you have been busy!! The color and the build look GREAT!!

Do you know that you've completed at least two builds in the time it took me to get the pin stripes and the clear sprayed on my '40 Ford!! :lol:

I may have to make to move back over to OOB for a while and build some of those Ferrari kits I've got collececting dust in the corner. Yours will need complany at the next NNL West!!

Later,

This is a stunning build! I have this kit and your example has elevated it into the "next to start after I finish the one on the bench" spot. I plan to use the RoG kit I also have for some donor parts along with the beautiful Hobby Design photoetch set.

I have some questions for you about your experience with your build, if you don't mind...

First, From looking at your pictures it looks to me that the driver side rear wheel assembly is located off-center (to the forward) in the wheel well. Also, in the pictures of the car that have the hood closed it looks like the hood won't properly seat. Is this so, or just an end result of hurried photography?

Please don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful build. I'm just asking so I can anticipate some of the quirks that I may encounter with my upcoming build.

This is a stunning build! I have this kit and your example has elevated it into the "next to start after I finish the one on the bench" spot. I plan to use the RoG kit I also have for some donor parts along with the beautiful Hobby Design photoetch set.

I have some questions for you about your experience with your build, if you don't mind...

First, From looking at your pictures it looks to me that the driver side rear wheel assembly is located off-center (to the forward) in the wheel well. Also, in the pictures of the car that have the hood closed it looks like the hood won't properly seat. Is this so, or just an end result of hurried photography?

Please don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful build. I'm just asking so I can anticipate some of the quirks that I may encounter with my upcoming build.

yes, photographer (me) got a little hurried, but the bonnet does close all the way down

and now that you pointed it out...I did notice when i slipped the chassis under the body that the centerlines of both axles actually are forward of center in the wheel-wells.