Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Cadillac ambulance

chrismooney

Completed with Moonville Decals fro Joe @ Diecast and Decals. Paint is the Mooney combo of sweet cream over red. The resin body from JF. BMF trim and hand made bullet lights.

DSC06252-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06253-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06254-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06255-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06256-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06257-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06258-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06259-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06260-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSC06261-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by chrismooney

One of the BEST renditions of the Flintstone body that I've witnessed, Chris - your foil work is lovely!!! I was wondering - did you turn the bullet lenses by lathe, or resin-cast them, or are they modified kit pieces? At any rate, one of the finest professional car replicas around!!!

Great job Chris! That Caddy really shines with all that chrome and flawless paint. Your bullet lights you made are great looking as well. The rotating light on the roof looks like it came from a Johan kit...possibly the Plymouth Fury Poilce Wagon kit, if I'm not mistaken?

It's definitely an inspirational build to say the least. I have an old Ghostbusters kit myself I've been kicking around which direction I want to go in building that kit. Seeing your rendition really makes me want to go the "old style" ambulance route.

Great job Chris! That Caddy really shines with all that chrome and flawless paint. Your bullet lights you made are great looking as well. The rotating light on the roof looks like it came from a Johan kit...possibly the Plymouth Fury Poilce Wagon kit, if I'm not mistaken?

It's definitely an inspirational build to say the least. I have an old Ghostbusters kit myself I've been kicking around which direction I want to go in building that kit. Seeing your rendition really makes me want to go the "old style" ambulance route.

Brian this is a great kit.... the JF resin body can be had for under $10 if you get it from JF himself at a show... I added craft jewels to the JOhan light on the inside to get more detale... you can build yours any color combo you want as there were no state restictions on ambulance colors back then.... (some states still have restrictions such as they must be White with an orange stripe, and other states let you paint it any way you want) a nice color combo for an ambulance service would be off white and a nice hosta green color....

Edited by chrismooney