Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Flintstone

Have ya'all seen either the 1953 Ford Country Squire or his Sedan Delivery courier ? Great projects ! Ed Shaver

I believe I have seen the '53 Country Squire. I say "believe" because I can't imagine me seeing a Country Squire body and NOT picking it up... :lol:;) I do have his '56 Ford Sedan Delivery, '49 Mercury cabover and '55-'57 Chevy Suburban bodies. They are well worth the money! I'm not sure how I'm going to finish the SD but the Merc cabover is going in front of a Racers Wedge body and will haul a '49 Merc Salt Flat Racer.

I ordered a '51 Nash Rambler Sedan Delivery kit (along with a '51 Buick 'Chopperhead' body) a few months back, and got a bonus Big Boy figure as well! The kit came with two or three extra sets of grilles and headlamp bezels (a fact which saved my hiney later on), and two sets of vacuuformed windows. A few days later, another box showed up... it contained the chassis for the Nash, which he'd evidently forgotten to throw in with the rest! I didn't even notice it's omission (I'd planned to use my own chassis, anyway), and I didn't call or ask him about it... he just sent it along. Can't beat that kind of service!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone here know if Jimmy Flintstone sells parts for his resins? I have his '58 Chevy sedan delivery and I need an interior bucket - also have his '57 Ford wagon and an interior would be nice for that as well. In retrospect, I should have just bought the complete kits from him but it was an error in judgement on my part. I could always build them as curbsides and just put blacked out windows in them I guess.. but I'd like to do stock builds. I know that Modelhaus has the '57 Country Swuire as a kit with an interior but they don't offer an interior bucket as a stand alone. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks guys - I will email him on Monday. I was going to start working on the '58 but wanted to know about the interior but being the weekend, I figured I would ask here and someone wuld know the answer. I have seen the '58 on Ebay with the interior bucket, so I know that it can be had. The only thing I have been able to find is the Modelhaus for the '57 interior but you have to buy the whole '57 Country Squire kit to get it. I have a few new and junk '57's to draw the chassis and other pieces from but the interior bucket is kind of important, if you know what I mean. I believe that some guys have used the revell Ranchero for parts but I don't have any except for an unbuilt stock roof issue - before they screwed that mold up yet again.

So Ed, what do you have in mind for colours for your '57? I am leaning towards blue and white with a six cylinder just like my dad's '57 was that he bought brand new. I have seen one in green and white and it looked good but I want the same as I remeber from when I was a little guy. I remeber even at age six or seven, standing at the front window of our house and looking at Dad's wagon parked out on the street and liking the looks and colours of that car a lot. I guess the car bug has been with me for all of my life. the car was written off when dad had a front tire blow out and he went off the road and down an embankment in late '58 or early '59 because his next car was a '59 Chevy Brookwood four door wagon that in years to come, he would pass onto me. I traded it off for a 1960 Monarch Sceptre 2 door hardtop which I drove for about a year before selling it to buy Dad's '62 Fairlane 500. It turns out that my Monarch was one of only 54 that were produced in the Sceptre ( top of the line ) in a 2 door hardtop. *sighs* Talk about a very serious case of seller's remorse when I found that out many years after the fact. The last time that I saw my Monarch was several years after I sold it and it was sitting, abandoned in a field. :unsure: Oh well... :( :( :(

• 3 months later...

Now I wasn't aware of Jimmy doing any monster bodies . His work is good and for the most part , reliable . Sure , there is some "Clean Up to do ". Still, I would buy most any Jim Flinstone body if it's something I can relate to.

The one and only thing I bought of his I was very disappointed in. The body was under scale and when I contacted them about it I pretty much got the brush off, I will think long and hard before I buy anything from them again.

Some of his stuff is betweene the very best, and some are not that great.

Most of his later additions to his list are very good, but some of his oldest stuff are not.

Generally I'm agree that You can't beat his quality when compared to price. I have several of his castings, and I'm going to buy more.

If You are going to buy from him, it might be faster to order from Model Empire. They have a big stock of his castings, and most often deliver faster then when You order directly.

This might be due too them beeing his biggest customer, and they are wall, to wall, knowing each other well. Prices are the same.

Thanks, how long does it take to get the kits from him (I am talking about older kits).

Check with Model Empire. They probably have it in stock, and ship out fast. Flintstone might have to cast it first, then You might be finding Your self in a que.

• 2 weeks later...