Model Cars Magazine Forum

Awesome build, great job!

Thank you Nick ! I appreciate it a lot .

Very nice build, but the thing I want to know is WHY DONT YOU STILL HAVE THIS AWSOME MACHINE. :lol::lol: That thing is awesome.

Thanks David !

I bought it in '75 and drove it for 12 years . In Jan. '88 I had a run in with an F250 loaded with firewood , needless to say it didn't end well for my El Camino . The F250 was totaled too , so it was a major crash ! Good thing is that somehow no one was hurt . I'm sure I would still have it today if that didn't happen !

This turned out very nice! You did great job with the Body Conversion, actually that's something that I have wanted to do for a long time also. Nice work with the paint and finishing also, it looks just like ready kit from Revell or Moebius, all parts fit so well etc. Great job.

Great model. All that work paid off in spades. I especially like the interior and the blue tint on the windshield, nice touches. I really like this a lot, and my condolences on the 1:1.

Thank you Bruce !

This turned out very nice! You did great job with the Body Conversion, actually that's something that I have wanted to do for a long time also. Nice work with the paint and finishing also, it looks just like ready kit from Revell or Moebius, all parts fit so well etc. Great job.

Thank you Niko ! The body work was really quite easy to do . You should try it , I'd love to see another one !

Love it! I really like the old style Cragers. They always make the car look awsome!

Nice, looks a lot like a 59 that my dad restored for a customer around that same time.

Thanks guys ! I'm glad you like it .

That is a spectacular bash-job! I really like it :D

I wish this was readily available on the market.

Thank you very much !

I doubt we will ever see a '60 available . The tooling exists for the '59 and it's a good seller so it will continue to be reissued .

Thank you very much !

I doubt we will ever see a '60 available . The tooling exists for the '59 and it's a good seller so it will continue to be reissued .

The tooling for the '59 is AMT and the parts to build this one are Revell.. just like they took the '56 Chevy and spawned off a Nomad, I wouldn't be surprised to see a '60 Elkie. Just like we're hoping for a '57 Ranchero.

The tooling for the '59 is AMT and the parts to build this one are Revell.. just like they took the '56 Chevy and spawned off a Nomad, I wouldn't be surprised to see a '60 Elkie. Just like we're hoping for a '57 Ranchero.

I'm not sure what you are saying . . . SMP produced a promo style '60 El Camino and later AMT released the '59 El Camino which has been reissued several times . The SMP tooling is probably long gone and AMT isn't about to modify the tooling for the '59 since it is such a good seller . Likewise it's not very likely that Revell would modify or make all new tooling for a '60 as there isn't a big enough demand for it , the '57 Ranchero is a much more sensible choice .

As for my build , it is built using parts from both the '59 El Camino and the Revell '60 Impala .

Anyway , thanks for looking . . . I hope you liked it !

• 2 weeks later...