Model Cars Magazine Forum

B-25J Mitchell "Panchita" Mongoram 1/48

Nice! A few years ago the warbird Panchito flew so low over my house that I thought all the windows were gonna rattle right out of the walls.

(Used lots of fishing weights in the nose!) :)

You can cut down on the nose weight on this kit by taking a Dremel to the inside of everything aft of the main gear--fuselage, stabilizer, fins. That much weight in the nose will eventually bend your landing gear. Been there done that.

Thanks, guys...will keep an eye on the landing gear...I put just enough weight to keep it from tail-sitting!

No masking on the turret or canopies...inside and out done freehand with a narrow brush...and a light hand with a toothpick to fix any, er, misses!! ;)

Heya Tony! If you ever have that problem again with worries about too much weight on landing gear, you can always try metal landing gear available here:

http://store.spruebrothers.com/category_s/1916.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=1916&show=100&page=1&brand=Scale%20Aircraft%20Conversions

Edited by mustang1989