Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C-600 Series Truck Reference Pics & Info

• 1 month later...

Stumbled across this little gem this morning- looks like the fate to one of the C-Series kits in my stash has been sealed...

ford_cseries_2-vi.jpg

Had to study that for a minute to see where they patched the sheetmetal from the original headlights and moved them down into the grille.

Should be a neat one Chuck!

• 3 months later...

I posted these in response to a question, but I'll toss them in here as well just to keep everything in one place.

Aftermarket A/C unit

FordCAC1_zpsf73f3c6d.jpg

That's a good shot of how the body support meets the body brace, and look like what's found in the AMT kit. The blue cab pic I posted above appears to have a slightly different mount, with the frame-mounted body support mounted a bit further to the rear.

Here's a nice, clear look at how the grille fits into the opening, as well as the thin body colored windshield divider which is almost completely covered by the windshield gaskets:

parnelli-jones-cargotruck.jpg

Now I'm wondering how the cab would look with the divider removed and the windshield gasket fudged to make it look like a one-piece windshield...hmmmm

No idea which year this cab is, but you can pick out a lot of details:

Was the small chrome piece below the door handle in the below image a hinged/rotating cover, underneath which was the lock cylinder?:

That cab is a '61 or '62 going by the door emblem design.

That's exactly what the teardrop-shaped thing under the door handle is- it rolls aside to uncover the lock cylinder.The C-series doors used that setup for years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've run across an odd one. Apparently the Vancouver, WA fire department ran several Ford C super pumpers powered by a "350 horse power Detroit". The only Detroit Diesel I know of being offered in the C cab is the 8.2 liter "fuel pincher" from the 1980s and there is no way you are getting 350 hp from that for long (170-230 hp was standard for the 8.2). A CAT 3208 wouldn't provide 350hp either even assuming the author got the Detroit part wrong.

All I can think of is a custom job installing an 8V71, but I'm not sure how they would have fit that in there. That is a lot more engine than anything offered in the C, even bigger than the Ford Superduty big blocks.

Anyone else have any ideas or know of similar high powered C cabs?

Edited by Aaronw

• 2 weeks later...

Question-

I've noticed a few of these trucks (like the one Aaron posted to show the AC unit) have a small rectangular badge below the side reflector/model designation badge on the door? What is that for? It sort of looks like it says "Allison" in some of the pics I've seen, which I'd guess would identify an Allison automatic trans, but I'm not sure, as I've never seen one of these in person with that smaller rectangular emblem.

• 8 months later...