Model Cars Magazine Forum

Guys in Ontario who want a club farther East

Guys I'm looking to see how much intrest there is for a club East of Toronto and West of Ottawa.

mostly Durham Region to Northumberland County to Kawartha Lakes, who could realistically make a weekly meeting or a bi-weekly meeting.

I'll be showing this to a guy who's looking for interest in starting a club in the Whitby Area, but would welcome people from outside of Durham.

Nick

For the guys in the Kingston area, there is a model car club in Kingston. They have their own show the first Sunday in May and participate in other shows in Canada and the U.S.

Hey Ninja, your profile says you are in Fort McMurray, Alta...that's a little far to go to a meeting in Whitby, On., about a 4 hour plane ride, a little longer by car B)

Kevin, every club is a bit different but generally guys bring their most recents builds or projects for the club to see, some bring stuff to work on during the meeting. Usually there is some buying/selling/swapping going on. Some clubs have demos i.e. baremetal foil etc. Depending how organized the club is or if they're doing a show there might be a business portion of the meeting. Some clubs have monthly themes so that you build a model for that theme or cars you've aready built that matches the theme. Just some of the stuff that goes on.

• 2 weeks later...

;) Well this sounds like a good idea, I am about an hour and 15 mins away but my son lives in Oshawa. I would be very interested and may have others that might be also. But weekly seem a bit much, but a show ad sale might be a good idea in that area.

Keep me informed (dandankmeyer@yahoo.ca)

DumpyDan ;)

• 1 month later...

Randy at Daily Hobbies in Whitby is setting up a meeting time once a month mid-week.. I missed the first meeting due to March Break commitments. I'll be there for the April get together.

Check with Randy at the store to confirm.

Danger

Adam G.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...