Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wagoneer81's Production Report for 2012.

Wagoneer81

Considering the numerous medical problems I fought with, this year was not a great one for model building. Thankfully, I'm still here to gripe about it. That's something, let me tell you! I started dozens and finished a few. The good side of this is that if I can finish everything I started in '12 by the end of '13, I'll have a really healthy model collection!

Anyhow, here's where I stand as of now....

This was a quick build. Started with an AMT SnapFast Vette that was missing its wheels and tires. I found a good set of wheels/tires and brakes at the LHS. The finish is Future (applied with a 1" foam brush) over the kits yellow plastic.

voscb5.jpg

Monogram '53 'Vette.

wj6yb6.jpg

Not the best pic but this was done for a "What were you thinking" model club theme. Pontiac SOHC I-6 with a side mounted 4-71 supercharger in a short rail frame.

2v92fzo.jpg

I finished a stock, '25 Model T pickup as well but don't seem to have any pics of it yet. I'll remedy that and post one of it as well.

Not a Car or truck but, this did take up a good amount of my time so I'll include it here... Kinda makes me feel better about not getting more done, automotive wise.... Revell 1/72 USS Cobia, Gato class WWII era submarine. Built for a friend.

or5wrq.jpg

Good stuff Chris!!!

And that ship...wow, where would your friend keep something that HUGE? :o

That is a big boat... 54" long, overall. He has a LARGE display cabinet that has room for several large projects. We're working on filling it... :)

Edited by Wagoneer81

Chris, Congratulations on what you did accomplish. My favorite is your Model T pickup not yet shown. That Sub may be like the one my Dad was on, the USS Runner, it looks good anyway. You know I'm not a military fan but, this one is neat! Happy New Year of Modeling for 2013.