Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tony Stewart 2011 Champion

bbowser

Finished it last night. Powerslide decals (which are great BTW), AMT COT kit. Did some modifying of the nose to 2011 specs, otherwise straight OOB. I had fun masking the red/black portions but it didn't come out too bad. Tony's my guy despite his lackluster year in 2012.

Thanks for looking!

SAM_2339.jpg

SAM_2340.jpg

SAM_2341.jpg

SAM_2342.jpg

SAM_2343.jpg

Very nice !! How hard are these COT AMT kits to build ?

The kits are quite simple really, Snap-Fast. A little extra time spent cleaning mold lines and making sure pegs fit in holes are all that's really needed. I spent a lot of time on the nose with sheet plastic and putty reconfiguring to the 2011 spec, out of the box they represent a 2010 car with the exposed splitter. You also get the choice of a spoiler or that dreadful wing.

Thanks for the kind words.

Very nice build. Tony's my guy as it used to be Ryan Newman but when Newman went to SH Racing I went with em, then my favorite World of Outlaws driver Donny Schatz went to Tony Stewart Racing it was a double no brainer. Got to rooting for him since and he with Newman are my favorite drivers in Nascar. Super job Bruce.