Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Nova SS

tjones87

I decided to go a different route with this build. I always seem to go with darker paint jobs, but decided to go witht the white on red for this Nova...I tried finding pics of actual cars in this colour combo, and not many out there. First thing I did was swap out the small block for the big block from the 67 Chevell ProStreet kit. It fit perfectly in the engine bay, with no modification, other than replacing engine mounts. You always see these cars built al out hot rod or bone stock..hardly ever any built in between. I combined the stock and drag parts and this is what the outcome is.

You can catch up on the build at this link -- http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68230

More pics at this link -- http://s903.photobucket.com/albums/ac235/buysaletrade87/model%20misc/1969%20Nova%20SS/

DSCN4701.jpg

DSCN4695.jpg

DSCN4696.jpg

DSCN4702.jpg

I wanted to use the stock hood, but during mock up it hit the breather. After final assembly I just thought I would see how it fit...and it sits down perfect, I guess I trimmed more off the chassis than I thought. I was going to go ahead and use the stock hood, but I had already glued the hood edge trim to the cowl hood. I think I will find another trim piece and swap hoods for an even better sleeper look. Here is a pic of it wit the flat hood on...let me know what you guys think....thanks for the comments

post-8838-0-30369200-1357675526_thumb.jp

Thanks for the comments guys....It only took me 2 weeks, which is pretty quick for me lol...

Mike -- the paint I used for the interior is CREATEX Opaque red. .this stuff is water based and will scratch very easy..luckily I didn't have any scratches pop up during assembly.

I am a big fan of the cowl hood, but the flat hood just tones the car down and makes it the ultimate sleeper....I just need to find another chrome trim piece, to put on flat hood then I can use both hoods, depending on how I feel that day lol...thanks again