Model Cars Magazine Forum

Goldenrod

Just got my Flintstone Goldenrod I bought off of e-bay and I was wondering if they normally have any instructions with them? The car itself is way bigger than I expected but it looks like with a little TLC it will make a very nice display model. I looked over what came in the box and I can pretty well figure out what goes where by looking at reference pics. but I was just wondering if any instructions came that had any tips on building this car. This will be my first all resin kit so any help is appreciated.

It is a curbside model so I guess they just expect you to use reference photos for the various scoops and decal placement. Kaleb, I don't think you need any other kit as a doner to finish this one, I even think the small part of the tire that is visible is a resin casting.

You must be using a Flintstone body with another chassis? This kit is one huge hunk of resin, some scoops, some exhaust tips, 4 small portions of the tires and decals. I guess they figure if you feel you can tackle a resin model you know what to do with it!

Terry, thanks for the info and the pics., your build looks outstanding. I was really suprised by the size of the kit when I opened the box. What color paint did you use and what did you use to get that nice glossy finish? Dave, thanks for the tip on cleaning the resin, I had heard that you always need to clean resin to remove the mold release agent that may be on it. What did you use to clean your kit with, and did it work well?

Edited by mmdm4

Duplicolor GM 259 Buckskin from the spray can. I painted the body with the scoops on it, applied the decals, then clear-coated it with Ditzler clear and an airbrush. I started with light coats at first to seal the decals. Then I added more coats of clear and polished that.

I usually drop resin parts into a tank full of Westley's Whitewall Tire Bleach for about eight hours (not more). Then I scrub everything with some dish soap and a toothbrush. Works very well to clean off the mold release.

If you goof up the paint and want to strip it, use a cotton ball loaded up with non-acetone fingernail polish remover. Works like gangbusters and won't harm the surface. It's messy but very effective.

Both of these techniques, by the way, come per the Modelhaus. They're Don's preferred methods for cleaning the resin and removing paint.

I've had great luck with both.

And in answer to doggie427's question, the model is listed as 1/25. It's almost 15" long.

Terry