Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Z-28 Camaro

I agree...and the hood thingie....

And what were your plans for the wheels and hood? I'd have the wheels polished or painted silver myself but the design is quite agressive. I have seen much worse on Chrysler hoods...

And what were your plans for the wheels and hood? I'd have the wheels polished or painted silver myself but the design is quite agressive. I have seen much worse on Chrysler hoods...

I've owned a Chrysler with something similar on the hood, I kinda dig the vent in all honesty.

what we need is a 2 door modern charger and a resurrection of the El Camino based on that camaro

Hmmm, I wouldn't hold my breath, today's Challenger basically is a 2 door Charger so, as far as the business case for a Charger coupe... It's very dim. Look for a smaller 'Cuda in the next few years though. IF there is an El Camino anytime soon, It'll be based on the Holden Ute which itself is based on the Commodore. And from the Commodore the Chevrolet SS sedan is born. Confused yet? Have a look at the Ute on the Holden.com.au site.

Hmmm, I wouldn't hold my breath, today's Challenger basically is a 2 door Charger so, as far as the business case for a Charger coupe... It's very dim. Look for a smaller 'Cuda in the next few years though. IF there is an El Camino anytime soon, It'll be based on the Holden Ute which itself is based on the Commodore. And from the Commodore the Chevrolet SS sedan is born. Confused yet? Have a look at the Ute on the Holden.com.au site.

Well, on the 9th of Aug, 2012, GM did renew the trademark for the El Camino name, and there are reports that GM is considering importing the UTE to the states, but still no official word on anything that that I am aware of

At this rate, all the of Chevy passenger cars sold in the states will be based off of the Holden brand and platforms :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

I forgot about down under cars again, you are absolutely correct! The UTE is an awesome car and i personally find the half car half truck concept my all time favorite.

I think it would catch on again, a basic no-frills El Camino partly replacing the smaller "Ranger/S10/S15 Snoma" type pickup trucks. Oh and of course a Fire breathing SS with a Z06-Z/28 based 7.0 liter...

The only thing that might a fly in the ointment to that is that Chevrolet is bringing out a new version of the Colorado (the replacement for S10/Sonoma), oddly enough, also based on the Australian Holden version. Might not see a base model Elky because of that. The SS on the other hand, might just see production.

The only thing that might a fly in the ointment to that is that Chevrolet is bringing out a new version of the Colorado (the replacement for S10/Sonoma), oddly enough, also based on the Australian Holden version. Might not see a base model Elky because of that. The SS on the other hand, might just see production.

The SS IS going into production , and goes on sale later this year

http://www.chevrolet.com/culture/article/ss-performance-sedan-debut.html

Or were you talking about a SS with a ZO6/Z/28 engine ?

Edited by martinfan5