Model Cars Magazine Forum

Now for something completely different.......

P9110312_zpsf68bc19b.jpg

These two micro-trucks were built 'box-stock' from two different 1/24 Fujimi kits......same vehicle but different box-art and with a couple of different bed and spare tire options.
The 1/1 Daihatsu MidgetII vehicles were manufactured between 1996 and 2001 but evidently still have a cult following in Japan and
since my brother and I have a passion for 1/1 microcars, building these kits was a 'Must Do'.
Paint is custom mixed automotive basecoat/clearcoat to match a photo that I have of a 1/1. Although the pics show a bluish color, the models are actually sort of a turquoise but, for some reason, my camera doesn't pick up the added green.

P9110313_zps0abba921.jpg

P9110315_zpsad54e651.jpg

P9110317-001_zps605e10e1.jpg

P9110318_zps7ab55f22.jpg

Oh man. Why can't we get stuff like that here in the USA? I could use for going to the store. I love your SHINY :) :) :) builds.

there were a couple older ones at an old gas station in Chardon not sure if he still has them but i used to see them all the time, ill have to look today. And yes the shiny is really good.