"Barn Find" Diorama

Guest Davkin

Guest Davkin

This is my first full blown diorama, built in HO scale, (1/87);

barnfind-40.JPG

barnfind-41.JPG

barnfind-42.JPG

barnfind-43.JPG

The barn and tractor servicing station to the side are scratch built out of styrene. The trailer is also scratchbuilt from styrene, wood and brass. The truck is just an HO diecast made by Model Power, I changed the wheels and tires and detailed the interior and added a bed lid. The '53 Chevy in the garage is an Alloy Forms kit. The old tractor in back is a Jordan kit.

David

Guest Davkin

Thanks for the kind words fellas. HO scale is a bit tedious, I beleive this is my first and last HO scale diorama. I don't know how some of those model railroaders can work at this scale all the time. It's 1/25 for me from now on! (well, except for the 1/72 military stuff.)

David

• 4 weeks later...
This is my first full blown diorama, built in HO scale, (1/87);

barnfind-40.JPG

barnfind-41.JPG

barnfind-42.JPG

barnfind-43.JPG

The barn and tractor servicing station to the side are scratch built out of styrene. The trailer is also scratchbuilt from styrene, wood and brass. The truck is just an HO diecast made by Model Power, I changed the wheels and tires and detailed the interior and added a bed lid. The '53 Chevy in the garage is an Alloy Forms kit. The old tractor in back is a Jordan kit.

David

DAVID!!! Where did you get that '32 Ford frame and grille shell in 1/87 laying alongside the Servicing Station? I'm Looking for some of those, saw some pieces in a casting of an HO trackside "Junk Pile" long ago. There were '32 Victoria bodies, grille shells...but no frame rails.

• 4 weeks later...
p.s. You say you do 1/72 military:

I started to do military modeling but decided I needed to focus on cars and automotive dioramas, I just don't have the time for everything I'd like to model.

Again, thanks for the generous comments guys.

I've started an O scale (1/48) diorama and will start a thread on it within the next week or you can go to the website in my signature and my blog to see a couple pics and a description. O scale is a nice balance between space consumption and detail. HO was just too small, the detail level didn't really satisfy me.

David