Model Cars Magazine Forum

FIREBIRD/CAMARO HYBRID PROJECT

azers

This is my first on line project that I am actually going to document on line so bear with me. This is a project i started after seeing a similiar car in my parking lot. I decided to combine a 69 camaro and a 69 firebird. Adding different ideas along the way. I want to stay with the 69 theme. Im not sure about the engine yet. Thinking about a 92 firebird engine. But may stick with a standard pontiac motor. Lots of ideas. Not sure about paint will come later. The front of the car is 69 camaro and the back is 69 firebird. The interior and chassis will be the firebird. Using mpc bodies I made the cut and joined the nose in the middle of the wheel opening. I added a 73 camaro spoiler to simulate a ducktail. May change the tailights dont know yet. Right now using the wheels an IMAG0166_zpsc0ab18c3.jpg d tires from the 92 formula. Open to ideas.

Ok got back to bench for a little more work. Added the 87gta tailight assembly. Changed the wheels to cragars and changed the tires to a different design. I put in a 67 grill not sure if ill put in a rs grill or what. Just mocked up the car to see what it would look like. Sorry we IMAG0173_zpsdfc14394.jpg ather didnt cooperate so couldnt prime my work. Comments. Ideas.

Side

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little more done on my car today. Got some primer and the first color coats on body. The color is duplicolor chrysler radiant orange. I will put on black stripes n IMAG0198_zpsbc080a6e.jpg ot sure if I'll duplicate the 70 style transam stripes or the 69 stripes. I decided to go with the pontiac 421 engine from a revell parts pack I bought on line. More later. IMAG0198_zpsbc080a6e.jpg

Edited by azers

• 3 weeks later...

Ok finally got the clearcoat on. Really brings out the color. After the clear sets up i will get the stripes on. Interior and engine are started. Should have more pictures soon now that i am starting to get steam up on projects now. IMAG0209_zps107c1cf2.jpg

Dug through my camaro decal selection and found enough to do a representation of the 70 t/a stripe up the hood and over the top and decklid. And use the hockey stick stripes on side so both makes are represented. Hopefully have it polished out and striped in a few days.