W-409

Mainly the cars that race.

:lol:

No, the ones that do wheelies.

Look at this, it's at the back.

car-wheelstand-kenny.jpg

And this one

wheelstand18.jpg

My uncle's car has it on the back as well.

I believe that those photos were taken at a non sanctioned track. Tech inspection is usually not that serious when there is no sanctioning body or state police to worry about.

WF

Edited by 6bblbird

Thanks Guys! I've been bit hurry this week, I guess I can make some progress tomorrow. When I can get the Nova finished, I'm going to start another Stocker project, I'm not sure if it is '69 GTO D/Stocker or '70 Torino E/Stocker.

My dad is building E/Stock Charger now, so maybe I need to start my E/Stocker too. :D

Got something done for the Nova. Engine is pretty much done, still some little things to do, and maybe few details to add. Alternator is installed, so is that belt and fan too. Fan Clutch got some black washing with The Detailer, I think it looks much better now.

I'm going to wetsand paint this again tomorrow, hopefully I have enough time to build another Driveshaft Loop too.

P1250264.jpg

P1250265.jpg

Thanks, Andy! Looks Like you have super nice Avatar! B)

I built another driveshaft loop. It's from aluminium also. You think, it's better now? I wetsanded the body too, and I guess it'll be time to paint some more red to it very soon. I put the heater on in Garage, so it's possible to paint.

Äh, that picture is too sharp. It does look better in person...

P1260268.jpg

Edited by W-409

In the pics of the 2 cars doing wheelies , what looks like rear driveshaft loops are really fromt mounts for the ladder bars /traction bars. Take it from me, the loop should be in front ,alittle behind the u-joint. I have brocken a rear u-joint at a full thottle launch & the drive shaft just falls out on the ground, no problem as long as you have a rev limiter to stop your engine from overreving at the sudden loss of the load. We have also lost the front u joint under a full thottle launch, with front tires in the air, did not pole vault the car but the driveshaft came right through the floorboard of the car , could have killed the driver, but it missed him. It caused ALOT of damage , all the inside Aluminum tin work had to be replaced, along with most of the front tube chassis /suspension. I really belive that under full thottle, with the weight of the car off the nose, cosidering todays strong drivshfts, it would be very possible to pole vault a car if the front u-joint were th break. I now have a loop at the front & rear , plus my ladder bar mounts,running uner the drivshafts on both of my Camaros.

Chris

Thanks Guys!

Chris: That's suprising, how much damage one driveshaft can make. :blink: Good to have Driveshaft loop on the front and on rear. I guess they are good enough now on this Nova.

I managed to fail the paintjob again. Needs to get more MR.Muscle. :rolleyes:

Today I was able to rework that belt and pulley area... I don't understand why, but I installed that fan and didn't convert that water pump to present Electric one. Now I built new belt from black paper, and pullies are from the kit. I converted that water pump to present electric pump, and I guess it's Ok. Not 100% correct, but good enough, it can't be seen very well anymore, when I put everything together.

P2020166.jpg

Edited by W-409

Thanks, Frank!

I just bought "Polishing set", and I'll be testing how it works with this Nova build. But I guess the paint needs to be removed now... :rolleyes:

What??? Why would you need to remove the red paint? Are you going to repaint the NOVA again then? The polishing set is use to polish the clear coat that goes on top of the paint.... am I missing something?

Andy: Thanks! :D The motor is bit small, yeah, but next time I'll build better one. Can't take that water pump off from the engine anymore. :lol:

Bart: I managed to fail painting that red. After first coat, it wasn't shiny at all, but that wasn't big problem. Bigger problem was, that there were some mistakes on the bodywork, and trunk lid wasn't smooth. I didn't have Polishing set that time. Now I painted another coat of Red, to make everything look alright. BUT some strange things happened, and paint came away from the corners, and did little reaction with that older paint coat, so now I can see white plastic from some spots. Other than that, paintjob is pretty good, but those can't be fixed nicely, so I guess it's easier to remove that paint and throw about 20 year old Spray Can away. :lol: Without that problem, I would be happy and body would be clearcoated allready and waiting for polishing.

Bart: I managed to fail painting that red. After first coat, it wasn't shiny at all, but that wasn't big problem. Bigger problem was, that there were some mistakes on the bodywork, and trunk lid wasn't smooth. I didn't have Polishing set that time. Now I painted another coat of Red, to make everything look alright. BUT some strange things happened, and paint came away from the corners, and did little reaction with that older paint coat, so now I can see white plastic from some spots. Other than that, paintjob is pretty good, but those can't be fixed nicely, so I guess it's easier to remove that paint and throw about 20 year old Spray Can away. :lol: Without that problem, I would be happy and body would be clearcoated allready and waiting for polishing.

Ah... man, sorry to hear that Niko, that has got to be quite a pain in the neck. I am sure without that problem, you would be in heaven knowing you only needed to clear and polish to have a final product.

Well keep us posted on your paint job, I have my fingers crossed for ya.

Yes, I guess the new primer and paint will help to get better result. :lol: Needs to get some MR.Muscle now, actually that day is today, then I can start removing the paint. Luckily I forgot to paint the hood, so I can paint that already, while the body is in Mr.Muscle.

I'll post some pics when I do more progress, maybe that day is pretty soon, there are some other things to do too. ;)

I guess MR.Muscle is something you don't have in The USA. It's somekind of cleaner for pipes in the house, but removes paint really well. Many Finnish modelers use it, and it sure is good stuff. It's actually "Kodin Putkimies", but there's little MR.Muscle text too, so it's better to call it MR. Muscle, than Putkimies, on this forum. :D:lol:

kodin_putkimies.jpg

I guess MR.Muscle is something you don't have in The USA. It's somekind of cleaner for pipes in the house, but removes paint really well. Many Finnish modelers use it, and it sure is good stuff. It's actually "Kodin Putkimies", but there's little MR.Muscle text too, so it's better to call it MR. Muscle, than Putkimies, on this forum. :D:lol:

kodin_putkimies.jpg

is that the "mr muscle drain unbloker" ?? if so will it take off automotive spray paint ??

by the way your nova is coming along very nicly indeed

if so will it take off automotive spray paint ??

by the way your nova is coming along very nicly indeed

I have removed Automotive Spray paints too with it, so yes, it works. Really great stuff, but don't know if you have that in the USA or not.

Thanks!