Model Cars Magazine Forum

1949 mercury pro modified project

Jeff Sauber

Here's a little project I've been screwing around with......I'm currently doing all the body modifications and have just attached the window channels......Lots more trimming and sanding to do, but here's a little peek at where things stand as of now.

I'm still undecided on an engine but I have considered using the 427 "sohc motor" in the background, although I may go ahead and use a more modern style supercharged hemi....It's all up in the air right now....

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

Lots more to come.......

Edited by J. Sauber

looks good so far.

i believe the tranny and the rear tub come from the 55 chevy pro sportsman, if i recall.. of course, correct me if i'm wrong. hehe

The transmission is scratchbuilt from k&s aluminum, and the rear tubs, firewall, and chassis pan, are all scratchbuilt from evergreen sheet. The seat has been hand shaped from aluminum sheet and polished out, and features a foam padding insert......For this particluar project, I'll be fabricating just about everything from scratch.

• 1 year later...