Model Cars Magazine Forum

A different definition of show truck...

Found this listing on eBay for a "show truck": clicky

Apparently this seller and I have a different definition of show truck. To me, a show truck would have a fuel door and an interior that doesn't look so cobbled together! They claim to have spent $40k on the restoration; I'm having a hard time seeing it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But it needs a fuel door right off the bat, a custom-built instrument cluster to get rid of all those awful tack on gauges everywhere, and a tall Lokar automatic shifter to eliminate that monstrosity it currently has. That would be a good start. Next I'd take off the visor and razorback...

Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But it needs a fuel door right off the bat, a custom-built instrument cluster to get rid of all those awful tack on gauges everywhere, and a tall Lokar automatic shifter to eliminate that monstrosity it currently has. That would be a good start. Next I'd take off the visor and razorback...

Right on! Guy should get a fuel door and spend $500 on a photo shoot and he'd be able to ask more for it without turning people off!

Why is every big block a 427 and why is every 427 from a '68 Corvette? I bet this thing was started 20 years ago when loud graphics, racerbacks, and B&M shifters were all the rage. The only thing it's missing is 4 shocks per corner with bright pink boots. Wonder why it has the square fuel door box on it instead of the round exposed filler cap like it should? Would look a whole lot more convincing as a "show truck" with shiny chrome cap there instead of a hole where a door should be.