Model Cars Magazine Forum

My new toy... well sort of

My brother just bought a 1960 DC75T Autocar tractor, and since i will be wrechin on this thing for him i figure I'll have some sort of rights to it. anyways, here she is!

You'll have the right to use it for reference when you build a model of it! :lol:

Seriously, very nice truck. It's always good to see an old girl find a new home.

Thanks fellas, i personally am in love! My brother isnt gonna work it, just have fun with it, maybe a paint job in its future. And yes, i too love to see these dying breeds rescued... She will be reproduced in 1/25 as i already have the parts!

Ill get some more pics later today, my bros washin it now. The trans is original, i didnt understand the seller at first. Someone either added a fifth wheel or made this one adjustable, but we're gonna remedy that. Other than that everyhing is there minus some interior panels, but its not that big of a deal. The engine is an neh-195 cummins which sounds great! Trans is a ten speed woth an id code R8960, i believe its an eaton trans but im not sure yet.

Hey sam let me know when you do I just live minutes down the road from it... hopefully by then ill be over off church st. behind where ollies is...

We're getting tags and ins next week hopefully, ypu may see it cruisin down the road.... You'll hear us comin first!

Sam that's a beautiful Autocar. I'm looking toward to see more pics and of course your new project. Question: it is six spoke rear rim?. I have two hood conversion from illini. Thanks for sharing the pic.

It does have six spoke rears and this thing sounds wicked even though it isnt turboed, and boy do you HAVE to drive this thing, its no wimpy mans truck!

I drove home a '79 Pete Coe a week ago and I know exactly what your talking about. Power steering and air bag suspensions are so overrated :lol: