Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '57 Ford Custom 2'n1

We know it's going to be a 2'n1 with one of those versions being stock, so if Dave Van wants to expand upon the second version, we're all ears. Paging Dave Van...Dave Van to the red courtesy phone...

It is scheduled to ship on 11-29-12, so the first week of December looks like the street date.

Yeah. Im hoping the 2 in the 2 in one deal is some traditional custom parts and not some nascar junk.

This is a little weird for me, but if Revell does do a Nascar version of the '57, I could actually get fired up about doing an Olds too, and a Hornet or two, maybe some others. Though I'm not a fan of the rolling advertising that Nascar has become, I really like the old cars, when 'stock car' actually kinda meant race-prepared STOCK CAR. i kind of paid attention to Nascar up until the mid '60s.

So what I want to know is when will the molds be turned into a correct Ranchero? B)

Or a Ranch Wagon. Or a new Country Squire. All the wagons used the short wheelbase.

They do the wagons, and Paul Scopetski (owner, Spare Time Shop, Marlborough, Ma.,) will be able to retire off of me.

Charlie Larkin

IF Revell builds the Ranchero, people WILL buy....talk about a Field of Dreams... B)

I agree. I was a bit surprised at the choice of the Tudor, but I think it might do okay. The Ranchero, though....that will be a grand slam. There are enough people that seem to want one done correctly that it could make a very substantial contribution to Revell's bottom line.

Charlie Larkin

Is that a Paxton supercharger I see to the left of the two license plate bases in the second last image above?

I also see an extra pair of (rear, I assume) deeper steel wheels (and tires to go with them), a dual-quad intake manifold, and a very small sprue with only the front suspension and rearend pieces on it. It looks like there are separate fuel supply lines from the fuel pump to the carb(s), too.

I was thinking the separate fuel tank part might be a concession to future modified reissues, but I think the spare tire well would pose more of a problem (and wheelbase length?) for a Ranchero or Country Squire version partially based on this tooling.