Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967-1972 Ford F-Series Walkaround...

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of detail pics from an original '68...

P8010061

P8010059

P8010062

Under-hood coatings- inner fenders semi-gloss black with gray hinges- are all original untouched Ford on this one. Engine detail mostly original except for sloppy touchup on lower front of engine.

Another pic from a claimed 358 mile original found in Colorado...

141 zps344d5d4d

mike

Edited by mk11

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you are looking for drawings of the 1967-1972 F-Series this site has all what you want. http://www.fordification.com/tech/schematics_d.htm

Great detail drawing of the frame, axle

I know your all talking about Ford trucks,but I'm working on a Chevrolet pickup and you shown a link to Ford drawings,do you or anyone else know of one for Chevrolet or GMC pickup frames? Thank you,Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reference photo of a base model '69, white trucks had red letters on tailgate, also hubcaps were painted, not stainless. Note correct base model mirror, moebius '69 mirrors are incorrect for period.

IMG_4916.JPG

I see 69 F 100's with the Moebius style mirrors as well as the style you show, tripod mirrors and a few different styles of west coast mirrors. In my experience "base" models could have options added and still be base. Base was just the very least the truck could come with. But if you ordered the "base" model with other mirrors you still had a "base" model since there is no package name that I'm aware of for a "base" model with upgraded mirrors.

Edited by dshue76

I see 69 F 100's with the Moebius style mirrors as well as the style you show, tripod mirrors and a few different styles of west coast mirrors. 

The Moebius style (below eye line) or the tripod mirror (common on period Chevys) never was offered by Ford in the '67 thru '72 era.

Another view of a base '69, from the Ford brochure...

Thanks for posting. I love the look of the beefy 9' bed  F 350 Flareside. Photo clearly shows the F250/F350 style hubcap, Moebius some how incorrectly used this cap for their '69 and '70 F 100.

Edited by leafsprings

The Moebius style (below eye line) or the tripod mirror (common on period Chevys) never was offered by Ford in the '67 thru '72 era.

Wanna bet ?  

70f1brchr.jpg

70f1brch.jpg

Ford also had some pretty goofy looking optional tripod mirrors back then too...

mike

Edited by mk11

Wanna bet ?  

Ford also had some pretty goofy looking optional tripod mirrors back then too...

mike

What is your definition of "tripod"? I stand by my earlier comments,   '69-'70 Moebius-Model KIng style never offered by Ford '67-'72. Chevy style "tripod" never offered  by Ford '67-72.  These are the style in question below. Other styles such as " close to cab west coast style"  ( as seen in Ford literature: maroon and yellow truck )and " Camper Special"  as well as telescoping types are not in question.

IMG_4962.JPG

IMG_4963.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

Those mirrors are just one of the 'day two' (or three or four) modifications represented in the moebius F100 kits. The front sway was not offered as an option until the '73 F250/350 and not on F150s til '75. The 4bbl carb truck 390 wasn't offered til '75 and the large power brake booster didn't come along til about '77. A more accurate booster could be found in the revell  mustangs or '70 torino.

mike

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, a lot of the vehicles that are used for the newly tooled kits have been "restored", and due to their age, and personal preferences of the restorer, some of the parts put on the vehicle, while it is from the manufacturer, is not necessarily an available option for that particular year, or series of the vehicle. Case in point, the below eye line mirrors and the hubcaps on the Moebius '69 and '70 Ford F100 kits. The mirrors were used on a later year model, even though they fit well, and look quite good on the vehicle, and the hubcaps are 3/4 ton -up items, and not available on the 1/2 ton pickup. I plan to use those caps on a van I would like to do in the near future.

I am so ecstatic that these kits are now available.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...