Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I had to order a Lindberg 1937 Cord convertible a couple of days ago. It just arrived on my porch within the last 15 minutes. I opened it up, and found exactly what I was expecting. I built one years ago (a Pyro version). This kit is no where up to the standards of Monogram's '37 Cord kit. Still, I had to have one. I still consider the '36-'37 Cords the most beautiful car ever designed. Even with as bad as this old Pyro/Lindberg kit maybe. They couldn't ruin the looks of this great car.

I also have an old Revell 1/32 scale Cord I need to finish one of these days. And someday I hope add AMT's large scale kit to my collection too.

Scott

I'm guessing that's the 1/32 scale set ?  I've looked at it several times at the LHS but haven't grabbed it yet , maybe you could post some more pics down in the Model Car Racing section . As a kid in the 60's I was really into slot cars , maybe more than models . :D

The cars are 1/32 but Carrera tracks are wide enough to use the 1/32 and the 1/24. They make 1/24 cars also

Edited by 935k3

Well I haven't got much for model building updates and I haven't added anything ot my Stash in awhile BUT, I got a little in the mail this week! SO, I'll use that as my update for my contribution!
In a trade, (naturally) I got a nice little box from a guy that wants a couple engines of mine, as well as having a few of the new castings I have planned when done! So this is what he sent in trade, (And I knew of some of it), but quite a BIT of it came as a surprise! And I'm pleased with that all for the trade, (A good surprise, is always nice!)

Overall of the whole "lot".... YEP Dodge truck parts!!! (I am planning and fore-going a search for parts) I want to build a Crew Cab 70's Dodge truck! Its starting to look like it may actually happen! I also had need for a few Step-Side Dodge beds, WELL I got those (all complete too!) With their tailgates! And some interesting parts as well!

This one took me by surprise! That black hood! I'm not planning a "pulling Dodge truck BUT. thats the hood for one of them! The Blue hood WAS one too but the guy cut the center out and made it somewhat similar to the early 70's hoods like the Lil Red Express truck had!

An extra cab, for my Crew-Cab build! (this is headed for the purple pond!) Its setting on an extra frame too, thats NOT glued to it, its merely only setting there. I got the front inner fenders as well from a 2nd frame too! SO, I'll be using A LOT of all this in upcoming trucks I have planed to build!

And heres all those Step-Side beds!!!! I'm happy to have them, but was only expecting one, the guy I asked him and he said ENJOY (I'm glad they got a good home) and that they did!

Some interesting engine parts! The headers to the pulling truck is seen here as well as what looks like Mopar big block parts.... I'm just not sure where those heads and valve covers came from (what kit!?) as the heads are nicely detailed right side up, and the valve covers be GREAT for making the engine have a aftermarket look to it. -They's be great parts for that! Also seen here is a belt set-up for A/C (Boy, I can use that one! AND it came with the compressor for it too!) I was not expecting that little addition! NOR was I expecting the '78 Thunder Struck Pulling truck parts either!

Miscellaneous little parts.... And some MORE Little Red Express "stacks" too!
Pretty pleased with this trade, not a lot, but enough and what I got well if I wanted too, I could make yet a whole truck out of the parts seen here!!!!! Not gonna happen that way tho! But is a possibility!

Ive been out of town all week, But while I was gone several items got delivered.

A pair of stock hubcaps for my extra 1960 Lincoln convertible builtup

s-l1600.jpg

A used chassis from a 1958 Buick dealer promo . I wanted the OE stock wheels for my 58 annual builder,,the rest will go in the round file bin

s-l1600.jpg

A decent builtup MPC 1969 Coronet RT hardtop

s-l1600.jpg

last but not least. Finally bit the bullet and bought some storage boxes. I only needed maybe a dozen, But with a cross country move planned in the next 18 months to 2 years. I'll need make good use of them then .

100-10-x-4-x-3-White-Corrugated-Shipping-Mailer-Packing-Box-Boxes

Edited by gtx6970

Ive been out of town all week, But while I was gone several items got delivered.

A pair of stock hubcaps for my extra 1960 Lincoln convertible builtup

s-l1600.jpg

A used chassis from a 1958 Buick dealer promo . I wanted the OE stock wheels for my 58 annual builder,,the rest will go in the round file bin

s-l1600.jpg

Hate to tell you, but that chassis has '58 Lincoln wheels, not Buick.

On the '60 wheelcovers: Another use for them is to paint the inner center black and add the four-bar spinners Jo-Han put in lots of their early '60s kits. Makes really good Royal Lancers.

Three chrome markers 1mm 2mm and 4mm. Now to try them out..DSC07951DSC07952

I got the 1 mm yesterday and the 4 mm today. Wish I ordered the 2 mm too. I touched up something that I had previously painted with Spaz Stix,  and WOW. This will come in handy touching up all the sprue attachment points on the 49 Ford. 

I think Chris is right Bill.

This is what the '58 Buick caps look like.

Steve

1958BUICKFHCMWC.jpg

Well this sucks. Ive already been in touch with the seller and have come to the conclusion I am pretty much sol. 

So the search resumes for a correct 58 Buick set .

Anyone need a set of 58 Lincoln hubcaps

Bill...I never put anything model or promo related in the round file bin...LOL...it has to be completely un-usable for that to happen.

Mark,

Typically I don't throw anything away that's model related. But at some point I have to start thinking of the size of the pile here ,,,,,and moving them is going to be a chore as it is . As it turns out the wheels are wrong for my needs anyway . So I'll just resell it as a whole or trade material  for the ones I need

Mark,

Typically I don't throw anything away that's model related. But at some point I have to start thinking of the size of the pile here ,,,,,and moving them is going to be a chore as it is . As it turns out the wheels are wrong for my needs anyway . So I'll just resell it as a whole or trade material  for the ones I need

Bill...I can relate to that thought...specially if a move is in the works.  Me Ill probably be here for the rest of my life and have gotten very nice parts bins for storage...just have to organize stuff yet.  Stuff I never use Ill find a home for with someone else that could.

Picked up a couple of kits the other day, the Talbot lago I've been after for a number of years, after loosing the one I built up back in the 90's in a house move, I lost a box of built up models that have never been seen again, it was the first model I ever tried BMF on, the Jo-Han Desoto I bought off eBay a few years ago, apparently mint and box, and when it arrived, was boxed, I'll give the seeler that, but it was built up, and very badly at that, but I decided to give it a go, stripped the paint and repaired a few parts, and the once it was painted, a shelf in the hobby room fell off, complete with it's contents, and of course the Desoto took the hit, I've never seen plastic disintegrate so quickly, I've been looking a few places in the States have them, but they were listed at around $100, I want to built it, so no way, unless I want to be single, could pay that kind of money on one model, this one coat me £35.00

20170128_133121_zpsqqluzxz7.jpg

20170128_133328_zpsyre2b0gr.jpg

And this one is as listed, in box and un-built

20170128_133342_zpskwwzs4ex.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...