Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pick up truck/suv build?

Jared Roach

Well Jared your having a run of bad luck on this one,hang in there.

You can build a pick up pulling a trailer with the broke one loaded up for a project.

Davin the truck looks good. Did you cover it with white primer or milltary flat yellow

before the gloss yellow?

Pali good color looks nice.

I got them from a 1:32 scale truck I had around that was falling apart. It was a snap kit. From a long time ago.

Thanks, Clay. I kinda figured they were 1/32 scales, but those are the best I've seen from a snap kit!

Another 55 pickup. I have a twist on it.. winking0071.gif I chopped and painted it a couple of years back, but put it away. So thanks to Clay and Tonio...I've got the urge again. So what is different. Well I had it painted and it looked like a blob..a bright purple blob. confused0067.gif So into the pond it went and came out back the way it was. So I've Z'd the rear frame and cut out the bed, made a wooden bed for it, cut the running boards and refit the floor and cab. I also reversed the tailgate, cut out pockets in the rear where a pair of 52 caddie taillights will poke out. I've also fitted the trailer hitch to it, needs to be finished and attached.

This is where I started...

IMG_0407.jpg

got it stripped down re did the hood hinge , shaved the running boards, and lowered the body in the rear and made a wood bed for it

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

i have a partially build pick'm'up truck that i started for a different CBP

i beleive the 4 rules of that build were

1 has to be a truck made after 1960

2 has to have a stock bed

3 has to be a V8 engine

4 has to be done before the dead line

here is what my entry was

th_IMG00013-20091122-1733.jpg

th_IMG00143-20090907-2243.jpg

its a 1956 VW bug converted to a front engine rear wheel drive pick'm'up with a custom turbod GTI swap and scratchbuild bed

(my initial entry was a joke just ragging on the rules and whoever was in charge allowed it because of how ridiculous it is)

clearly i managed to break every rule

woudlnt hurt to finish this one :rolleyes: