Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone mount tires for a living?

I used to work at a tire shop when I was 18. I would never let tires leave like this and I always washed the blue off the lettering. This is just sloppy, I don't care what kind of tire shop it is. I would be pretty pissed off if my truck rolled out like this.

Guest G Holding

Well this is 2013....not 1976. The majority of tire dealers would never let tires go out sloppy, but most box stores or chains do because they are selling low prices and service. Did they sell you a road hazard warranty ? I have never seen anyone sell road hazards like a local (nameless) dealer....IF you don't fall for the big sell up/ warranty....you better check all the lugs for nuts...

and I wouldn't trust them to install the air correctly....So you do get what you pay for, and in this case you did inspect them...I would follow up with a note with names and time, You might get a reply, but if not lesson learned!

Well this is 2013....not 1976. The majority of tire dealers would never let tires go out sloppy, but most box stores or chains do because they are selling low prices and service. Did they sell you a road hazard warranty ? I have never seen anyone sell road hazards like a local (nameless) dealer....IF you don't fall for the big sell up/ warranty....you better check all the lugs for nuts...

and I wouldn't trust them to install the air correctly....So you do get what you pay for, and in this case you did inspect them...I would follow up with a note with names and time, You might get a reply, but if not lesson learned!

As I have already stated, I did follow up with the store owner and it has been resolved to my satisfaction.