Question about AMT

Model Empire sells these...

D-2 “The Directory of Model Car Kits &

Price Guide”-1/48, 1/43, 1/32,

1/20,1/16,1/12,1/8 14.99

D-5 “The Directory of Model Car Kits &

Price Guide” - 1/24-1/25 sc kits -

5TH Ed. - Coulter & Shelton 25.99

These are the most comprehensive model kit guides I have ever seen and they contain an impressive and nearly complete listing of every AMT kit ever offered. HIghly recommended. TIM

These are the most comprehensive model kit guides I have ever seen and they contain an impressive and nearly complete listing of every AMT kit ever offered. HIghly recommended. TIM

Is that Bill Coulter in Coulter & Shelton?

And how many manufacturers' kits are covered in this book(?)? $26 seems cheap for all that info. :)

Is that Bill Coulter in Coulter & Shelton?

And how many manufacturers' kits are covered in this book(?)? $26 seems cheap for all that info. :)

Yes...that would be Bill Coulter and Bob Shelton.

All domestic manufacturer model car kits are covered. Very occassionally I look up a kit and find that it is not listed, but maybe only once every 25 times. It's extraordinarily comprehensive. Most kits even include the year each kit issue was released/introduced.

TIM

Yes, I agree on price and would also like to know just how comprehensive it is.

The pages are not consecutively numbered but I would guess the 1/24th and 1/25th scale book is 350 to 400 pages. The section on just AMT and its various successors is 97 pages. (!) The second book with other scales is somewhat smaller in page count.

Hope that helps. TIM

The pages are not consecutively numbered but I would guess the 1/24th and 1/25th scale book is 350 to 400 pages. The section on just AMT and its various successors is 97 pages. (!) The second book with other scales is somewhat smaller in page count.

Hope that helps. TIM

Yes, that helps a great deal. I had no idea that it would contain that much material. Thank you.

I have that edition of the book as well as the previous edition. It is really a handy guide to have and I don't honestly know how guys can buy and sell on Evil-bay without owning this book. True, it is only a guide and at least it gives you a general idea of what a kit may be worth. How many kits are listed is anybodys guess. I highly recommend it also.