Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some Cool New Bike Parts Could Be Coming Soon....

RatRod

Lyle,

Any idea what it'll take to get those guys to setup their own website? I'd really like to see what they have to offer and be able to but it online via PayPal.

I'm not Lyle but I'm pretty sure he will answer the same. Norm (Replicas and Miniatures) is a one man operation.

He is really busy I would say 90% of the time. Replicas and Miniatures is his fulltime and part-time job. The reason

for not having a website is no time to maintain it. So he would have to pay to have it done and that means the price of his product will have to go up. You can call him he takes credit cards. You won't find a better customer service.

You can see most of his product at this link:

replicas and miniatures

http://public.fotki.com/davetoups/aftermar...cas_and_miniat/

http://public.fotki.com/mamaprez/lyles_model_cars/

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/model_cars..._made_for_rmcm/

CATALOG

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/model_cars...e/rmcm_catalog/

Hope this helps

Ariel

I've been asked to do some masters for some new custom wheels for the RM bikes. I came up with two new styles so far, and if these generate any interest, we might do many more custom parts as well. What do you think?

P1010002-4.jpg

P1010001-8.jpg

Do it, they look really good I would pick-up a couple sets.

Lyle,

Any idea what it'll take to get those guys to setup their own website? I'd really like to see what they have to offer and be able to buy it online via PayPal.

"Those guys" is a one man operation - Norman Veber. You won't ever see a web site. Norm works a minimum of 12 hours a day, pouring, casting, packaging and shipping. Most people get their orders within 2 weeks - many get them in 3 or 4 days. If he had a web site, he would have no time to operate it or maintain it and frankly, his quality of service would probably go DOWN because of the increased orders, which he wouldn't be able to handle quickly and efficiently. This has come up on other boards for several years. The "standard" comment is, "why doesn't he just hire someone to run a website and log in orders, etc, etc. It's expensive, time consuming and he wouldn't trust anyone to do "HIS JOB" better than himself. (Norm has said all this himself, this is not my opinion) Some people won't buy from Reps & Mins (arguably, one of, if not THE best aftermarket company in the hobby) because they would have to turn their attention away from a computer screen to actually dial a phone number. Their loss!

Meanwhile, a bunch of us will try to keep ya'll up to date on what Norm's up to.

arguably, one of, if not THE best aftermarket company in the hobby.

Nobody makes better aftermarket parts than Norm. Everything he does is top notch. Arrowhead does nice work as well, and I swear by their pre wired distributors and aluminum machined parts... but nobody does better resin parts than Norm. NOBODY..

"Those guys" is a one man operation - Norman Veber. You won't ever see a web site. Norm works a minimum of 12 hours a day, pouring, casting, packaging and shipping. Most people get their orders within 2 weeks - many get them in 3 or 4 days. If he had a web site, he would have no time to operate it or maintain it and frankly, his quality of service would probably go DOWN because of the increased orders, which he wouldn't be able to handle quickly and efficiently. This has come up on other boards for several years. The "standard" comment is, "why doesn't he just hire someone to run a website and log in orders, etc, etc. It's expensive, time consuming and he wouldn't trust anyone to do "HIS JOB" better than himself. (Norm has said all this himself, this is not my opinion) Some people won't buy from Reps & Mins (arguably, one of, if not THE best aftermarket company in the hobby) because they would have to turn their attention away from a computer screen to actually dial a phone number. Their loss!

Meanwhile, a bunch of us will try to keep ya'll up to date on what Norm's up to.

Thanks for the info, Lyle. I don't mind calling. My problem is finding a good time during the day to call, given the three hour time difference...that's why a web based solution is so much easier for us folk on the left coast. I'll check the Fotki link when I get home. I've seen the occasional picture of Norm's parts either in the magazines or on the posts. A lot of it looks like really good stuff that I'm interested in.

Regards,