Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Revell should put out as Kits...

1. I will buy that Foose Firebird for sure, even if the stance is stock!
  2. I think that someone should bring us a well proportined Plymouth 'Cuda 70-71...
  3. The new Charger 2012 cop car, even R/T and SRT-8
  4. More vans and pick-ups from the 70's
  5. Why not an american tuner (2005-2007 Cobalt SS Supercharged and 2008-2010 turbo)
  6. 2012 Camaro ZL-1
  7. Update the Chalenger with 2010+ SRT392...
  8. 1970 Dodge Charger (will be interesting to have a non-R/T option)
  9. 1980-1990 Chevy Caprice or Impala police car!!
  10. At least a modern pick-up (full size)
  11. O.K. enough for now, i know that the model manufacturers are limited in their costs for new products developpements... But will be pleased to see at least one of in my wish list!!

2. I think that someone should bring us a well proportined Plymouth 'Cuda 70-71... - YES
  3. The new Charger 2012 cop car, even R/T and SRT-8 - Why?
  4. More vans and pick-ups from the 70's - Why?
  5. Why not an american tuner (2005-2007 Cobalt SS Supercharged and 2008-2010 turbo) - WHY!!?
  6. 2012 Camaro ZL-1 - Why? new Camaro with a different engine...
  7. Update the Chalenger with 2010+ SRT392... - Again, why?
  8. 1970 Dodge Charger (will be interesting to have a non-R/T option) - Why?
  9. 1980-1990 Chevy Caprice or Impala police car!! - Why?
  11. O.K. enough for now, i know that the model manufacturers are limited in their costs for new products developpements... But will be pleased to see at least one of in my wish list!!

Sorry to knock almost every one of your points, but is it really necessary to put out same kit with a billion different variations? Only kid that deserves a million different versions is the 32 ford, and those aren't just "extra badges and minor details"

2. I think that someone should bring us a well proportined Plymouth 'Cuda 70-71...
  5. Why not an american tuner (2005-2007 Cobalt SS Supercharged and 2008-2010 turbo)
  6. 2012 Camaro ZL-1

Good list. We definitely need more modern cars, from the current decade and maybe the last 30-40 years... I'd add the 2013 Mustang Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 to that list.

6. 2012 Camaro ZL-1

I agree , that is a great list, I would buy everything on that list, more then just one for many

Anyone interested in the '68 Hardtop/' Vert-Coronet/500/Superbee being kitted? How about a BMW M3/5? & for wagon lovers, the Audi RS6 Avante?? What about some modern "niche" Supercars such as the Pagani Zonda? Koenigsegg CCR-X??

Dan

Not saying I wouldn't buy a '68 Dodge, but I would tackle my FedEx guy at the end of my driveway to get a BMW M3 & M5 in my hands faster. I'd meet him on the porch for the other 3. Gotta say (and I think the informal numbers here would back me up) the one Supercar we'd all like to see kitted would be the Buggati Veyron.

Not saying I wouldn't buy a '68 Dodge, but I would tackle my FedEx guy at the end of my driveway to get a BMW M3 & M5 in my hands faster. I'd meet him on the porch for the other 3. Gotta say (and I think the informal numbers here would back me up) the one Supercar we'd all like to see kitted would be the Buggati Veyron.

What he said

I hear ya mate ;-) Don't ever expect Revell to kit any of these.... Did you notice this thread was started right after the thread on the possibility of a Japanese company kitting an American Muscle car? Hmmmmm....

Dan

I noticed hence my mention of my FedEx guy...I've never seen Revell make anything that I needed so bad it had to be FedEx'd to me...orders from Japan on the other hand...

On the Aston Martin front, heck I'd take just about anything you want to make...I have Tamiya's DBS, but I'd take a One-77, DB9 (I mean it is "DB9 Sub-Zero Fridge" Cool after all), the new '12 Vanquish too. But I think I'd be particularly jumpy around FedEx trucks for a V12 Zagato...and heck you could make a Vantage out for the same basic tooling!

800px-Red_Aston_Martin_V12_Zagato_fr_IAA_2011.jpg

They made same size wheels in front and back!?!? Look this rubbers and disk brakes... No calipers?

The tires on the Foose Coronet kit appear to be the die-cast style tires to me, and yes, all four tires on both kits appear to be the same size. No idea on the brakes, but I'm sure we'll see in a few weeks when the Firebird kits drops.

These would all be great Revell of Germany releases, but not great choices for Revell. Totally different markets, customers, and expectations.

Remember the Revell-AG/Monogram Bugatti EB110 kit?:

1119-deckel.jpg

How many of us bought that kit? And how easy is that kit to find for $10 now at a swap meet? Easy. It has little to no "future" selling power, as it's not a "known" name to most U.S. buyers, unlike Ferrari and Lamborghini. People can instantly recognize and Countach from 30+ years ago, but I bet 3 people out of 100 could I.D. a Veyron or an EB110.

I know this is a "wish list" topic, I get that, but the supercars seem more like Revell-AG and Tamiya/Aoshima/Fujimi releases than Revell.

I do wonder if there are licensing issues w/ BMW..there hasn't been a new BMW kit in over a decade since Revell's Z8. I'm really surprised Revell AG hasn't done some current BMW kits, and I would think they would sell well in the US as Revell reboxes given the brand's popularity in the US.

As far as kits I'd like to see from Revell US, specific kits I'd like to see-- new tools (and a couple that would be modified reissues):

'12 or '13 Mustang Boss 302 (2n1 with Laguna Seca version)

'12 or '13 Mustang Shelby GT500

'13 Ford Raptor

'13 Chevy Camaro ZL1

'13 Chevy SS

Chevy Caprice PPV (with police car parts)

'13 Dodge Challenger SRT 392

'13 Dodge Charger R/T

'13 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

'13 Chrysler 300 SRT8

As far as old subjects, I'd like to see subjects that have never been kitted before--

'68-69 Mercury Cyclone GT

'69-70 Mercury Marauder X100

'70-71 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

'74 Dodge Monaco (Blues Brothers)

'85-86 Mustang LX 5.0 coupe or '87-93 LX 5.0 coupe

From Revell AG: (all 2012-2013)

Audi A5 or S5 coupe

Audi A7 or S7

BMW M3

BMW M5

Porsche 911S

Porsche 911 GTS

Porsche Boxster S

Edited by Rob Hall

Since I am a MOPAR guy......in 1/25 scale please.....

1968 Dodge Coronet/ Super Bee/ R/T in both HT and convertible

1971/72 Dodge Demon

1970 Plymouth Road Runner and SuperBird

1980 Dodge PowerWagon

1988/89 Dodge Diplomat/ Plymouth Fury

1998 Dodge 4X4 with a 12V Cummins

2005 Dodge Power Wagon

2012 Dodge Pickup with both SRW and DRW options and a 24V Cummins

aaannnndddd.....I would love to see a 1933 Dodge, both stock and chopped top for those who want a MOPAR street rod

my .02 cents

I dunno Casey the EB 110 was an odd (and not particularly attractive) car from a company that I think most people in the U.S. associate with pre-war luxury and race car heritage. Considering the old Bugatti went under in '63 and the Italian re-birth in the '90's was short-lived, and the fact the kit is from the era where Revell AG kits required a Marine battalion and tactical battle plan to build, it's not a surprise it didn't fare so well.

But I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people know the Bugatti we have today as owned by VW. They make the fastest, most expensive road car, and convertible. Even people who aren't into cars still know what a Veyron is, what other car costs over a million bucks for the "base" model?

I dunno Casey the EB 110 was an odd (and not particularly attractive) car from a company that I think most people in the U.S. associate with pre-war luxury and race car heritage. Considering the old Bugatti went under in '63 and the Italian re-birth in the '90's was short-lived, and the fact the kit is from the era where Revell AG kits required a Marine battalion and tactical battle plan to build, it's not a surprise it didn't fare so well.

But I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people know the Bugatti we have today as owned by VW. They make the fastest, most expensive road car, and convertible. Even people who aren't into cars still know what a Veyron is, what other car costs over a million bucks for the "base" model?

I have to agree with James here, the Veyron is almost a house hold name in many parts of the world, its a car that can be bought here in the states, I think that if a Veyron kit was tooled up, it would sell, I know I would buy a few.

James, I really want to make a joke about you and the FedEx guy, but I wont :lol::P , do you buy one or two at a time? reason why I ask is , you use FedEx, how much is shipping for more kits?, I know I can look it up, does it make more cost effective to buy more then one and use Fedex?

I like Rob list of cars as well, and I think his list is something that Revell could do

I think the guide on HLJ says each additional kit is something like 40% of the original shipping price, so it's like $12-14 for the first one and 5 bucks thereafter because FedEx charges by volume, not weight, so the bulkier the package the more it costs. Ironically it's probably cheaper to send a stack if Encyclopedias.

On the Revell front...the no brainers would be...

'13 Camaro ZL1

'13 Mustang GT (then I bet we get the 302/Laguna as Fall Release like they did you're '11 GT & Shelby)

'70 Charger

Nascar/Drag version of the '50 Olds

'72 Olds 442 with a roof

Be interesting to see if that long rumored '56 Ford redeux, and '92 Mustang LX/SSP make an appearance next month.

The two obvious modified reissues from Revell AG are the Spyder/Convertible versions of the SLS AMG and 458 Italia. I'd also expect a kit of the F12, and maybe the upcoming F-70, although that latter one is probably is Tamiya domain considering their Enzo & FXX kits. Then whatever kit from Tamiya's 80's Masterpiece series they decide is next....maybe the Morgan or Jaguar those have been OOP for awhile.

As far as old subjects, I'd like to see subjects that have never been kitted before--

'85-86 Mustang LX 5.0 coupe or '87-93 LX 5.0 coupe

I thought Revell was supposed to issue a Fox Mustang coupe this year. I remember seeing some talk about it, then nothing. I hope it's not cancelled - that's one of the few kits I'm looking forward to.

I thought Revell was supposed to issue a Fox Mustang coupe this year. I remember seeing some talk about it, then nothing. I hope it's not cancelled - that's one of the few kits I'm looking forward to.

Yeah, there has been a lot of rumor about that one...I'll believe it when I see it officially announced.